1.    #1  
    I purchased a TouchPad recently, and then I purchased a Veer. I had downloaded certain apps that are compatible with the TouchPad and the Veer, and so when I entered my Palm profile onto the Veer, certain apps that I had downloaded onto the TouchPad that were compatible with the Veer were downloded onto the Veer. However, it seems that all of the apps that were compatible with the TouchPad and the Veer did not download onto the Veer. Also, after having set up the Veer and after the apps had been downloaded, I purchased additional apps on the TouchPad that were compatible with the Veer, but they did not download automatically onto the Veer. I also purchased some on the Veer that are compatible with the Veer and the TouchPad, and they did not download automatically onto the TouchPad.

Are the apps supposed to download automatically? Is there a setting somewhere that determines if the apps should download onto the different devices associated with the same Palm profile? If so, I would like to turn on the setting. If not, it would be a great tweak! Is there a way to have those apps synced and installed onto the various devices? I guess that I can purchase the app on one device and manually install it for free on the other device, but it would be optimal if these steps would take place automatically!

Thank you all in advance for your input!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    The only time apps purchased on one device downloads automatically to another device is when you first add a device to an existing palm/HP profile. Afterwards you must download the apps manually. This actually makes sense because different devices have different amounts of memory and often different users. I have 5 Touchpads and wouldn't want every app I purchase on my Touchpad to show up on my Pre, nor on any of my kids' Touchpads. Installing sometimes creates a lot of lag, so I want to be in control of when that happens.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Just to clarify, when he says you must download them manually he means that the app should show up in the app catalog as a free download that you can install at your convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Just to clarify, when he says you must download them manually he means that the app should show up in the app catalog as a free download that you can install at your convenience.
    For additional clarification, some times an app is available across multiple devices, but they are actually different app ID's so you would have to pay for them twice. Need For Speed Underground is a good example of this.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Thank you all for your input! The way in which rlopin explained it is the way in which it worked. I received my TouchPad first and installed apps onto it, and then I received the Veer, and the apps that were compatible with the Veer installed automatically when I added the Veer to my profile. It makes sense that additional apps wouldn't be downloaded automatically due to different space capacities on the different devices. When I go into the App Catalog on the Veer and open the app that I had purchased previously on the TouchPad, it states "download for free" (as MobileBill23 indicates), so I know that I am not paying twice for that app. OldSkool, that is true that some apps have a TouchPad only version (some are called HD or XL, but some are not) and a version for other devices. In those cases, it states the price in the App Catalog for both devices; therefore, it is clear that HP will charge for the download on the TouchPad and on the Veer.

Thank you, again!
    I only clarified because Need For Speed only shows 1 version in each app catalog (won't show up for Veer, but for Pre phones). Threw me off as I have owned the phone app since it launched, got my TP and the TP version was there but the app cat was charging me. Since it has a different APP ID and the phone app won't run on the TP, EA made it so it doesn't show up on the TP. Just so ya know, haven't come across a lot of them.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...