1.    #1  
    Redirect links don't work on browser. I remember the same problem with the Pre. Are there any fixes for this? An example is using file download services like hotfile. Advanced Browser does the same thing (does not redirect).
    A download that requires a POST, is that what you mean?

Not supported by download manager.
  3.    #3  
    Not just downloads, I was using those sites as examples. If I'm on slickdeals and I click a link to go outside of slickdeals, they use a redirect and it doesn't work (qksrv etc)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by violence View Post
    Not just downloads, I was using those sites as examples. If I'm on slickdeals and I click a link to go outside of slickdeals, they use a redirect and it doesn't work (qksrv etc)
    I have the same issue especially on slickdeals with those redirects not working. Anything we can do to fix this issue in the browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by joeym74 View Post
    I have the same issue especially on slickdeals with those redirects not working. Anything we can do to fix this issue in the browser?
    I have the same problem
  6. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    You're not alone. I identified this as an issue right away with my TouchPad as well, because my main purpose for the tablet was to be able to log into a couple of websites for work.

After logging in the browser is immediately redirected. Unfortunately, the WebOS browser mishandles it and reloads the login page. Other browsers that I have tried (iOS, Android stock browser, Android Dolphin browser, MSIE, FireFox, Opera, Chrome) all handle it fine, btw. It isn't just a "wrong username/password" scenario. If the username/password is incorrect then you get a message saying so. Additionally, if I log in properly enough times then I get a message that I have exceeded the maximum number of simultaneous connections from my account -- in other words, it had logged me in, but the browser doesn't recognize that.

I installed Ubuntu as a workaround, but it didn't have java support for the browsers so I could log in, but still couldn't access any content. The next step was a hybrid approach.

I logged in via the WebOS browser and got the usual mishandling of the redirect and re-loading of the login page. I then started a ubuntu session, opened the website in chromium, logged in and got to the blank page where the java app would have shown. I copied and emailed the URL to myself, then opened it from my WebOS email app, which launched the site in my WebOS browser (since I was logged in, but the browser just failed to redirect properly). It was tedious, but worked.

Now I'll just use Splashtop to run it all on my home computer, remotely. Not ideal, considering this is supposed to be a mobile device, but it is what it is.

For *most* people it's not an issue, but for those of us for whom it is an issue, it's a big one.
    Same problem here. Particularly with SleackDeals. Also same happens with emails from NewEgg - can click the link, but it loads blank page. And on my HTC Sensation everything works just fine with whatever browser (have 5 installed Dolphin, Firefox, Opera, skyfire, stock chrome - all work fine) I wish there was Firefox or Opera for TP.... (wishful thinking)

Can HP once for a change do something right?!?!?! (rhetorical)
    Yeah, the browser is very shoddy. Google ads also do not work. This along with no arrow keys (especially when there's no optical joystick!) is just dumb. Looking fwd to dual-boot CyanogenMod to save us, if patches cannot

(...this isn't a result of using the AdBlocker patch, is it?)