1.    #1  
    I was about to purchase a touchstone for my touchpad, but i thought i would ask the community for their opinion. The touchstone is an amazing concept, and i would love to have one, but i am concerned about my touchpad's battery health, and if i leave it on the touchstone all night if it is going to fry up my battery. Anyone have any thoughts or input?
    The Battery has a built-in controller which monitors the health and charge state of the battery, etc. Pretty much all Lithium-Ion batteries have a controller. You can leave it on the Touchstone or plugged in 24x7. Won't hurt a thing.
    It should be fine it was designed to sit there for awhile*

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    The Battery has a built-in controller which monitors the health and charge state of the battery, etc. Pretty much all Lithium-Ion batteries have a controller. You can leave it on the Touchstone or plugged in 24x7. Won't hurt a thing.
    basically, thats what i was getting at, whether or not there was that controller, although i was not aware that all lithium ion batteries (or most of) have this. THANKS!
    The UI is designed to cycle the battery once it is 100 percent charged -- this is if it is on the touchstone or plugged into the wall. it will go from 100 down to 95 and back up cyclicly. the display of battery percent is designed to "hide" hid this by showing 100 percent for anything of 95% charge. This is the reason that apps like battery monitor will show a different percentage than the UI. Short story long -- it is designed to be on the charger as much as you want it to be and Li-on batteries are better off if you keep them topped off as opposed to let them drain all the way down which they do not like
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    The UI is designed to cycle the battery once it is 100 percent charged -- this is if it is on the touchstone or plugged into the wall. it will go from 100 down to 95 and back up cyclicly. the display of battery percent is designed to "hide" hid this by showing 100 percent for anything of 95% charge. This is the reason that apps like battery monitor will show a different percentage than the UI. Short story long -- it is designed to be on the charger as much as you want it to be and Li-on batteries are better off if you keep them topped off as opposed to let them drain all the way down which they do not like
    Cycling between 95% and 100% is just about the worse thing you can do to a li-ion battery. It's true that li-ion batteries don't like being drained all the way. But they also don't like being kept fully charged all the time. The OP has a very valid concern. I have the same. Li-ion/poly batteries ideally like to be kept at about a 70% charge. Being kept full all the time is a sure way to kill it. Especially in a heated environment like the TouchStone/TP combo. That's why it's recommended that people remove their laptop batteries if they use them plugged in all the time. That's why many laptops have a setting for what percentage charge the battery should be kept at. To preserve the battery. Ideally the TP should have the same. It doesn't.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
    so what would be the best way to use the TouchStone? I got a TP and Touchstone and I was trying to use the Touchpad like a digital photo frame with timer, so I put my Touchpad on on the dock all the time. Although like I said I mainly use it as a photo frame, but I still want to keep the battery healthy so I can still use the Touchpad as a tablet occasionally. Can anyone show what would be the best way to keep the battery in good health?
    Quote Originally Posted by travfar View Post
    Cycling between 95% and 100% is just about the worse thing you can do to a li-ion battery. It's true that li-ion batteries don't like being drained all the way. But they also don't like being kept fully charged all the time. The OP has a very valid concern. I have the same. Li-ion/poly batteries ideally like to be kept at about a 70% charge. Being kept full all the time is a sure way to kill it. Especially in a heated environment like the TouchStone/TP combo. That's why it's recommended that people remove their laptop batteries if they use them plugged in all the time. That's why many laptops have a setting for what percentage charge the battery should be kept at. To preserve the battery. Ideally the TP should have the same. It doesn't.

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

I guess HP needed a way to ensure that they sold heaps of TP batteries after the 'estimated' time.
    Built in Obsolescence?