Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I need an application were I can Highlight and add annotation to a pdf file. Android devices have this with eBook is this an app that can be ported over?
    Last edited by markawashington; 10/18/2011 at 08:15 PM.
    I need such an app, too!!!!!! it's unbelievable that there is no such app. everyone should send an email to the developers of ezPDF reader and/or RepliGo Reader (those are two of the most common PDF readers on iOs and Android), that's what I did, I hope they will release a version for WebOS, but I think it is important that everyone contact those guys to make them know that WebOS and the community ist not dead!!!

here are the contact infos:

ezPDF Reader:
    info@unidocs.com

RepliGo Reader:
    Contact Support : Cerience Corporation
    I'd also really like to see this in an eReader app. I'm hoping with all the recent Touchpad sales, maybe a developer will come over to WebOS and release a pdf reader with all the bells and whistles.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    If you talk to any of the Dev's you might want to point them to crocodocs.com. They have an API and online markup. It does not work in TP 'cuz of the floating webview. If one can lock the float, it might work with a few minutes of app packaging.
    just received a mail from RepliGo, they are not planning to port their PDF reader to WebOS, because they say WebOS will be dead soon...

So, come on people! Make some noise!! Let them know, that we are one milion Touchpad users, that would use their app! ;-)
  6.    #6  
    if it is possible why isn't any webOS dev making this app. Makes no sense!
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Of course it's possible, but PDF is a serious pain in the *** format to work with, and probably isn't nearly as ubiquitous as the people who do use it believe. Then on top of that, someone would put a price tag on it, and then everyone would just ***** that there's a free one that came with the device.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    if it is possible why isn't any webOS dev making this app. Makes no sense!
    You know.... It just seems to me that there isn't too much excitement with developers making apps or patches as there was when the Pre came out.... Can't imagine why, hmmmm. Maybe if we offered a price tag instead of, "I'd pay money" we would get a better response.
    Just a thought. WEBOSOS!!!
    Last edited by shanpalm61; 10/09/2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: miss spelled webosos
  9.    #9  
    how much are you willing to pay for this kind of then?
    Use Xournal on ubuntu to draw/annotate on pdfs with my touchpad.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by blobos View Post
    Use Xournal on ubuntu to draw/annotate on pdfs with my touchpad.
    how much work is invovled with that?
    Several hours.
    The worst part is that you need to metadoctor to set up an ubuntu partition and mount it.
    Start here: UbuntuChroot - WebOS Internals

After you have run the metadoctor to create the partition and mounted it, someone kindly has created scripts to install ubuntu and a bunch of apps including Xournal, this part is easy:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...on-ubuntu.html
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Several hours.
    The worst part is that you need to metadoctor to set up an ubuntu partition and mount it.

After you have run the metadoctor to create the partition and mounted it, someone kindly has created scripts to install ubuntu and a bunch of apps including Xournal, this part is easy:
    wow after reading ... Thats too much for a little gain..... Please someone who knows this stuff make a app for me.
    I would pay for a app that does all these too! This is the number one thing that's missing on webos!
  15.    #15  
    thx for the response I wonder what's taking a developer so longing make such an app.... Money is calling out to you...... Can you hear it ... Ching ching
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It's in progress as a modification of the stock reader: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ewed-page.html

Not done yet though.
    Should work on picsel, the pdf viewer works nice in smart office, just needs to add in some basic editing options added to it..
    Quote Originally Posted by markawashington View Post
    wow after reading ... Thats too much for a little gain..... Please someone who knows this stuff make a app for me.
    No. You don't have to metadoctor it. Make an image file and run it in card mode. That's the best thing webos can offer (other os cannot). You'll love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Several hours.

webos-internals is alpha testing an app called Tailor that will do the hard step (step 1). Running the script after that will be easy.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Hello PDF Markup fans!

We are going to have a design review meeting on Friday to take some initial steps towards a PDF markup App for the TouchPad. In looking at getting a decent 1.0 out fairly soon we have a short list of requirements and questions to investigate. I'm posting the main ones here to spur conversation that might be helpful on Friday. The order or number is not relevant.

Must have V1:
    1. Highlight Pen
    2. Freehand Draw Pencil
    3. Box/Rectangle
    4. Text Annotation with Placement Anywhere on/in Document
    5. Save Markup to New Local PDF File
    6. Ability to Erase/Delete All Markup Types
    7. Lock Screen (no float)

Nice to Have V1:
    1. Multiple Highlight Pens (colors/sizes)
    2. Multiple Pencils (colors/sizes)
    3. Comment Bubbles
    4. Comment Bubble Placement Options (over, above, to the side, etc)
    5. Annotations with Markup Creator Naming Scheme (bob, fred, editor, etc)
    6. Show Annotator Creator Name in Bubble over Markups (toggle on/off)
    7. Strikeout
    8. Undo Function
    9. Redo Function
    10. Scroll Bar Functionality on Pinch/Zoom
    11. Versioning Schema
    12. Save Markup PDF to Cloud
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast