1.    #1  
    Are there any Mac users here that have tried to install this webOS doctor that have run into error problems and need a different set of drivers??/

I have posted in the sticky thread and see another Mac user 2 posts above mine having the same error messages and not being able to install it and i seem to recall reading somewhere that we require a different set of drivers.

I am a newbie to the webOS system although not to computers and much that has been written is for Windows so hoping another Mac user here will know the error message I speak of OR the different drivers I think i have heard of?

( they might have something to do with jail breaking the device or whatever the correct term is for the HP touchpad??)

TIA
    I have the same issue with installing/starting the doc. It always crashes and gives me a bunch of errors. There seems to be a problem with java.
  3.    #3  
    Some Mac User Somewhere MUST have the answer???????

I am pretty sure I did see something about Mac Lion users needing a different set of drivers....am trying to locate WHERE i saw this
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pimmelpirat View Post
    I have the same issue with installing/starting the doc. It always crashes and gives me a bunch of errors. There seems to be a problem with java.

Just found this thread.
    Am going to check it out and see if this works...
    Will let u know if it does

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-osx-lion.html
  5.    #5  
    Well, IF i did it right, it didnt work for me.

I did a search for novacomd in spotlight
    opened up my terminal app
    dragged novacomd into the terminal app and it did add a location

that being " Shelagh$ /opt/nova/bin/novacomd"
    I did what he said, pressed Next, did my password but it failed again

BUT i now see there is space between $ /opt so I am going to go back and see if i can close that space and try again, or whether that makes a difference??!!

I WISH there was a Mac Lion user around this forum who knew what to tell us to do ;-(

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jcohengd
    I am having some serious issues getting this to download. Anyone else having an issues getting the Touchpad WebOS doctor to download the drivers to your Mac running Lion?
    Is states the installation has failed if i remember,all you have to do is search in spotlight for novacomd,open up a terminal type sudo and drag the novacomd which will paste the path into the terminal enter your password and try connecting again.]
  6.    #6  
    I did make an error but now I follow it properly its just telling me that there is no such file or directory
    I hope i didnt screw something up the first time I tried to follow his instructions but didnt see the type in sudo part

I have been having problems with LION and was thinking of going back. i dont have the time now to do it but if i cant get this worked out soon I might have to ;-(

Anyway, the above did not work for me as
    Attached Images Attached Images