Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Hilarious.

I wonder if it would add noticeable weight to the Touchpad after the treatment?
    I doubt it, I have bedlinered a few things without a problem.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    I don't know what you guys do, but I carry my TP everywhere with me, throw it 10 feet across the room onto the bed, let it slide around and smack things in the car, hold it in landscape mode all the time, and I don't have a crack yet. Weird.
    I'm betting it has nothing to do with the TP as much as where it was manufactured. Seems like the 32GB are the ones having the issues.
    I came in here to see pics. Where are they.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    I'm betting it has nothing to do with the TP as much as where it was manufactured. Seems like the 32GB are the ones having the issues.
    I think it might seem that way because there were many more 32s made than 16s.

As far as where they were manufactured, I thought they were all the same place.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I put the carbon fiber sheet on my TP

3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl | Carbon Fiber Gear

Cheap, reliable, easy to take out if you don't like it and wont go inside the ports like spray will go.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    bleh skinomi techskin (Carbon Fiber) can in theory have a similar effect no?

I had a similar product on my iPhone 4. Adds a nice texture and plus its on sale (on their website) on clearance.

I see they have a wood effect one too... but CF looks much better.

(PS no links )
    I will attest to to this. Just a couple of minutes on low with a hair dryer and that puppy gets rock hard. I'd say it is the ideal solution, even for ones already cracked. After around six weeks I hadn't experienced any cracks but I was paranoid so I purchased it and am very satisfied!
    If nothing else this would help with the fingerprint issue for those who don't use a case.

I have the HP one myself since day one and it still cracked A bit to late to try the spray thing plus i would imagine it would void the warranty
    Did not expect a Plasti-dip thread on a Touchpad forum...unreal. Stuff is amazing for blacking out emblems/parts on your vehicle or touching up stuff around the garage but I'm not sure I'd trust it on my Touchpad...or that it'd hold up (even as strong as it is).

Interesting idea though and I can't knock it until I see it in person.
    I have one idea, please buy a new cover for your Hp touch pad and reduce the rough use.
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardreed037 View Post
    I have one idea, please buy a new cover for your Hp touch pad and reduce the rough use.
    A cover does not solve the problem. The cracks develop through normal usage without being rough.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Indeed, mine basically sits on my desk and has been in the case since day one - yesterday, it developed a bit crack near the speaker - I'm guessing the case is weak because of a combination of the screen and the holes for the speakers.
    I was curious if a skinit would help at all? Is it just stress on the TP casing, and if so is it from it being positioned in a certain way at all? Use of touchstone help/hurt?

I am all for the plastic sprays if the OP can prove that he did it and how it turned out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123