Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The 3.0.4 of this patch has been done althought its by swdx from zoopda

download link for 3.0.4
    MEGAUPLOAD
    Wupload.com
    Uploading

P.S. I haven't have much time to play with it, so if you have any issues or problem with it please post. that way we all know whats up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mijuu over a treo8 has creat a patch that allow you to add chinese pinyin input on your touchpad. mine is the stock 3.0.2 with this patch it works great, like mijuu say i haven't found any bug yet. the only problem is everytime i try to type something its chinese first, if you want to type english you'll have to switch it.

I'm posting this here is just to save some people the trouble, I take no credit for this patch. Once again use at your own risk.

the original link: 中文语言+百度输入法补丁包【仅适用于官方英文版3.0.2系统】 - TouchPad & webOS 3 - 吹友吧(Pre,Pixi,webOS) - Powered by Discuz!

the file is too large for attach >_<
    Filesonic
    MEGAUPLOAD
    Uploading
    Last edited by huolong1122; 10/22/2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Do you know if they have a patch for 注音?
  3.    #3  
    >_<
    Last edited by huolong1122; 09/26/2011 at 10:33 AM.
  4.    #4  
    There are no 注音 as people don't use that in mainland. But you can have traditional character enable and type them using handwriting or number of stroke
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Great news, I will try it out this evening.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Thanks so much, works quite well! This makes the Touchpad almost perfect.
    Last edited by HansTWN; 09/26/2011 at 12:42 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
    Thanks so much, works quite well! This makes the Touchpad almost perfect.
    Glad you like it, happy to know that I'm helping out others
    Do you know if the code is open source? I'd like to make a patch for other languages, but no sense in reinventing the wheel if someone else has IME already working. Unfortunately, I don't read Chinese so I have no idea what the linked-to page says.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tasogare View Post
    Do you know if the code is open source? I'd like to make a patch for other languages, but no sense in reinventing the wheel if someone else has IME already working. Unfortunately, I don't read Chinese so I have no idea what the linked-to page says.
    I think he got this from the not release 3.0.3 or 3.0.4 and modified it to work with 3.0.2.
    but I'm sure he's not working on patch for other language

In the linked to page he mention that he's experience with meego and and how webos and meego code are similar in some ways
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huolong1122 View Post
    Mijuu over a treo8 has creat a patch that allow you to add chinese pinyin input on your touchpad. mine is the stock 3.0.2 with this patch it works great, like mijuu say i haven't found any bug yet. the only problem is everytime i try to type something its chinese first, if you want to type english you'll have to switch it.

I'm posting this here is just to save some people the trouble, I take no credit for this patch. Once again use at your own risk.

the original link: 中文语言+百度输入法补丁包【仅适用于官方英文版3.0.2系统】 - TouchPad & webOS 3 - 吹友吧(Pre,Pixi,webOS) - Powered by Discuz!

the file is too large for attach >_<
    Filesonic
    MEGAUPLOAD
    Uploading
    Yea I have the same problem. It's almost pinyin first everything except for when entering in url box. Did you ask the further about this or there just hasn't a solution yet?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    You just have to hit one key to switch between languages, so Chinese first isn't really a problem?

I did find a few bugs with this, though.

1.)When using Ubuntu with the regular WebOS keyboard then all the secondary keys are inactive (for example it is impossible to enter a colon in Ubuntu).

2.)This Chinese patch cannot be uninstalled (I had to uninstall it to reinstall Ubuntu). The only way to get rid of it is the WebOS doctor.

3.)The traditional Chinese display is not as complete as the Simplified one. Quite a few things are still in English. Not a big deal, I guess.

Still, this is great to have!
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Nice. Gonna give it a try soon.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    You just have to hit one key to switch between languages, so Chinese first isn't really a problem?

1.)When using Ubuntu with the regular WebOS keyboard then all the secondary keys are inactive (for example it is impossible to enter a colon in Ubuntu).

2.)This Chinese patch cannot be uninstalled (I had to uninstall it to reinstall Ubuntu). The only way to get rid of it is the WebOS doctor.

3.)The traditional Chinese display is not as complete as the Simplified one. Quite a few things are still in English. Not a big deal, I guess.

I didn't know you can't uninstall it unless doctoring it...

Is there other ways without wiping out the whole system?

2.)This Chinese patch cannot be uninstalled (I had to uninstall it to reinstall Ubuntu). The only way to get rid of it is the WebOS doctor.!
    Well **** me, I should've read the thread first.
    Now my mouse in ubuntu is half an inch above where my finger touches the screen.
  15.    #15  

Thanks for pointing out these bug. 1) I don't use ubuntu so i have no idea 2) Sorry for not translating this bug, he did state in the original that doctor is the only way. 3) I don't use traditional so there is no way for me to find out

Sorry all for the trouble I cause you
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Yea I have the same problem. It's almost pinyin first everything except for when entering in url box. Did you ask the further about this or there just hasn't a solution yet?
    I found the page for the guy that make this, it seem that most project he work on is about the jogger.

this is his page Porting Life | Mobile & Porting
    Folks,

I wish it can change the order too i.e. En first, Zh the next. I use handwriting and it is awesome but I have problem with picking the correct word in the prediction list. No matter how I pick, it will always be the first one (left most) in the list. Is it considered a bug?

Anyway, I am grateful to have Chinese IME
    多谢,多谢!我现在不需要买ipad写汉字!
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howi View Post
    Folks,

I wish it can change the order too i.e. En first, Zh the next. I use handwriting and it is awesome but I have problem with picking the correct word in the prediction list. No matter how I pick, it will always be the first one (left most) in the list. Is it considered a bug?

Anyway, I am grateful to have Chinese IME
    Same here. With PinYin I can choose another character, with handwriting only the first. Neither pressing a number nor clicking on it works.

I am also having some issues switching between different Chinese keyboards. Just adding and then choosing doesn't work. I have to delete the one I am not using.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by huolong1122 View Post
    Thanks for pointing out these bug. 1) I don't use ubuntu so i have no idea 2) Sorry for not translating this bug, he did state in the original that doctor is the only way. 3) I don't use traditional so there is no way for me to find out

Sorry all for the trouble I cause you
    No trouble, lol, you have been a big help. It was me who was too lazy to read everything first. Besides, I wouldn't have figured that there would be a reason to uninstall the patch.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast