Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I heard that the Baidu IME is gotten from a beta ROM. After installing, it covered some core documents of ROM which means even you use prewave to uninstall it, part of it still exists in your touchpad and works.
    It seems that the only way to uninstall it is to use the WebOS Dr.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Not sure there's a way to uninstall the Baidu IME, since I have tried to install CM7 for dual boot, and got " bad or error response from other side: 'err -1 unrecognized command' ", and can't install CM7, pls help and advise...
    i have 3.0.2 Baidu IME installed on my 3.0.2 webOS and when I installed CM7 Android Alpha 2.1, it was successfully and did not encounter that error message. What's your OS background the the version of Baidu IME installed?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Desmond.Du View Post
    I heard that the Baidu IME is gotten from a beta ROM. After installing, it covered some core documents of ROM which means even you use prewave to uninstall it, part of it still exists in your touchpad and works.
    It seems that the only way to uninstall it is to use the WebOS Dr.
    I don't think this is true. Some people who can't read Chinese all that well or only skimmed the original treo8 post saw that it mentions "3.0.3 and 3.0.4" and thought the author got it from a beta ROM, when in fact he said it will only work on 3.0.2 and not on future webOS versions like 3.0.3 and 3.0.4.
    anyone tried the 3.0.4 patch link? None of them works!
    Quote Originally Posted by reconfiguration View Post
    anyone tried the 3.0.4 patch link? None of them works!
    All the download links 3.0.4 work for me. You have to wait for counter to go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by b3n8EtA7 View Post
    All the download links 3.0.4 work for me. You have to wait for counter to go down.
    Thanks! Now it's done with my desktop.

I spent hours with my touchpad last night in vain. Looks my touchpad has trouble to download.
    Yea TouchPad has trouble with those download sites. Tried them before. :/
    Baidu IME does not work with 3.0.5. Do not try to reinstall the ipk, it will lock up your touchpad.

Hopefully the developer can release a 3.0.5 version soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by chunglau View Post
    Baidu IME does not work with 3.0.5. Do not try to reinstall the ipk, it will lock up your touchpad.

Hopefully the developer can release a 3.0.5 version soon!
    Indeed. I had the same problem after re-installing. Need to doctor the touchpad to recover.
    any news on a 3.0.5 version? parents need it
    Why is still no Chinese Input for official 3.0.5 yet?
    anymore news on this?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234