webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Chinese Input for official 3.0.2 (baidu pinyin)
Chinese Input for official 3.0.2 (baidu pinyin)

Old 10/23/2011, 01:30 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
yea you're right. PinYin is an option. I thought PinYin gives simplified Chinese before.

But still no one in Taiwan use pinyin though.
True, but it will take 2 hours to learn, at most. Actually PinYin and BoPoMoFo are virtually the same, just that PinYin uses the ABC to express it.

I also learned Eten Phonetic in that time and use it for Windows and Linux.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2011, 02:45 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
True, but it will take 2 hours to learn, at most. Actually PinYin and BoPoMoFo are virtually the same, just that PinYin uses the ABC to express it.

I also learned Eten Phonetic in that time and use it for Windows and Linux.
Two hours? Interesting
I guess I will try to learn it some time.

So what happens when you update webOS to 3.0.4 with 3.0.2 baidu pinyin installed?
Will it be disabled? Will 3.0.4 run smoothly?
matchqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2011, 02:48 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Two hours? Interesting
I guess I will try to learn it some time.

So what happens when you update webOS to 3.0.4 with 3.0.2 baidu pinyin installed?
Will it be disabled? Will 3.0.4 run smoothly?
when i update to webos 3.0.4 with the 3.0.2 patch I can't input chinese the baidu icon is there. so fat 3.0.4 patch is working great just like the 3.0.2 patch

P.S. I have update the first post with the links and everything
huolong1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: matchqq
Old 10/23/2011, 04:46 AM   #44 (permalink)

So here's my story just for the record:
1) webOS v3.0.2 installed with original 3.0.2 pinyin installed. Obviously couldn't uninstall v3.0.2 pinyin.
2) I just uninstalled UberKernel for v3.0.2 just in case.
3) Installed webOS 3.0.4. rebooted.
4) 3.0.2 pinyin will be disabled, but you still still see En/Zh, although Zh is disfunctional, IME Baidu icon will still be in Menu.
5) Installed 3.0.4 Pinyin. Automatic reboot after install (just wait for it/stay calm).
6) Checked and it works. Removed Bihua/Wubi in Regional Settings
7) I normally don't use Traditional, but I think traditional with handwriting and pinyin works. IME Baidu settings - Output Traditional Chinese ON. Looks like it works...Also with handwriting/pinyin, you can select with finger, 2nd, 3rd, +up characters no problem.
8) Looks Good! Installed UberKernel v3.0.4. Reboot. works, AWESOME!
b3n8EtA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2011, 05:41 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3n8EtA7 View Post
So here's my story just for the record:
1) webOS v3.0.2 installed with original 3.0.2 pinyin installed. Obviously couldn't uninstall v3.0.2 pinyin.
2) I just uninstalled UberKernel for v3.0.2 just in case.
3) Installed webOS 3.0.4. rebooted.
4) 3.0.2 pinyin will be disabled, but you still still see En/Zh, although Zh is disfunctional, IME Baidu icon will still be in Menu.
5) Installed 3.0.4 Pinyin. Automatic reboot after install (just wait for it/stay calm).
6) Checked and it works. Removed Bihua/Wubi in Regional Settings
7) I normally don't use Traditional, but I think traditional with handwriting and pinyin works. IME Baidu settings - Output Traditional Chinese ON. Looks like it works...Also with handwriting/pinyin, you can select with finger, 2nd, 3rd, +up characters no problem.
8) Looks Good! Installed UberKernel v3.0.4. Reboot. works, AWESOME!
That is how it went with my wife's touchpad, except that we woke up 2 days ago and it had upgraded to 3.04 by itself. At first I still saw the Chinese interface and thought everything was ok --- but then I discovered that Chinese input was gone. Which left me scrambling to find the IME upgrade.
Old 10/23/2011, 08:40 AM   #46 (permalink)

can someone rehost the chinese ime ipk for 3.0.4? i can't download it from 115, it asks me to register

edit: i downloaded it now but can't find internalz? is there another way to open it?

edit 2: installed it with webosquickinstall...

Last edited by Toge64; 10/23/2011 at 09:24 AM.
toge64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2011, 09:30 AM   #47 (permalink)

Thanks! Downloaded it, installed it, and it works well.

How can you use handwriting input on the TP? Is an external writing pad required, and which ones?
chunglau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/23/2011, 09:42 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunglau View Post
Thanks! Downloaded it, installed it, and it works well.

How can you use handwriting input on the TP? Is an external writing pad required, and which ones?
yes you can use handwriting, no you dont need an external pad.

chinese ime 3.0.4 ipk mirrors for those who cant read chinese:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
Old 10/23/2011, 09:49 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toge64 View Post
can someone rehost the chinese ime ipk for 3.0.4? i can't download it from 115, it asks me to register

edit: i downloaded it now but can't find internalz? is there another way to open it?

edit 2: installed it with webosquickinstall...
Glad to hear you got it working. By the way, Internalz is a great WebOS file manager you can download from Preware. So you won't need a computer for operations like this.
Old 10/23/2011, 12:50 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toge64 View Post
yes you can use handwriting, no you dont need an external pad.

chinese ime 3.0.4 ipk mirrors for those who cant read chinese:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
How do you use handwriting to enter Chinese characters? Which app is needed? Thanks.
Old 10/23/2011, 12:57 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
How do you use handwriting to enter Chinese characters? Which app is needed? Thanks.
no other apps are needed. Just install the IME ipk and enable the handwriting keyboard in the regional settings. Then choose handwriting keyboard instead of pinyin when you are entering Chinese on the keyboard.
Old 10/23/2011, 01:24 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
no other apps are needed. Just install the IME ipk and enable the handwriting keyboard in the regional settings. Then choose handwriting keyboard instead of pinyin when you are entering Chinese on the keyboard.
Thanks, got it. Long pressing the chinese/english key gives you the choices.

Another question. How do you select traditional chinese output?
Old 10/23/2011, 01:29 PM   #53 (permalink)

Never mind, the traditional Chinese setting is in the baidu properties, found by clicking the ime in downloads.
Old 10/23/2011, 04:41 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Never mind, the traditional Chinese setting is in the baidu properties, found by clicking the ime in downloads.
yea I was surprised when I found out that they don't make it output simplified Chinese.
Old 10/24/2011, 07:34 AM   #55 (permalink)

is there a fix for the ime ipk breaking the browser and photos app in portrait?
Old 10/25/2011, 01:43 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
yea I was surprised when I found out that they don't make it output simplified Chinese.
matchqq, what do you mean it doesn't output simplified Chinese? There's a switch for simplified <->traditional. ?_?

Toge64, I don't think I have that bug you are talking about? I put in portrait and IME look, works and inputs fine. Browser and photo apps look okay too ?_?

Last edited by b3n8EtA7; 10/25/2011 at 01:51 AM.
b3n8EtA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/25/2011, 01:55 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
matchqq, what do you mean it doesn't output simplified Chinese? There's a switch for simplified <->traditional. ?_?

Toge64, I don't think I have that bug you are talking about? I put in portrait and IME look, works and inputs fine. Browser and photo apps look okay too ?_?
yea traditional Chinese output is default. I found out you can change that in the preference options later.
Old 10/25/2011, 03:15 AM   #58 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question! I will talk to my friend and offer these options to her to see if she's willing to try it.
New2TeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2011, 11:58 AM   #59 (permalink)

Not sure there's a way to uninstall the Baidu IME, since I have tried to install CM7 for dual boot, and got " bad or error response from other side: 'err -1 unrecognized command' ", and can't install CM7, pls help and advise...
flytsao2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2011, 12:00 PM   #60 (permalink)

Not sure there's a way to uninstall the Baidu IME, since I have tried to install CM7 for dual boot, and got " bad or error response from other side: 'err -1 unrecognized command' ", and can't install CM7, pls help and advise...
flytsao2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0