Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried the Chinese ROMs 3.0.3 or 3.0.4?
    I am impressed to see this forum becoming more globalized
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
    I have the 3.0.3 rom download on my computer. but never install it as its in beta
    is it not possible at all to select the primary input language as english? i find it troublesome to always have to switch to english all the time :S
    Quote Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
    you can find a download link here:

竅新闻] 更正HP TouchPad 3.0.3-73 ROM下载

I'm downloading the 3.0.4rc1 webos doctor jar file right now...
    anyone upgraded to 3.0.4 and have this pinyin input still work?
    I would like to know if Chinese Handwriting support is available?
    yes there is handwriting support. I only tried simplified and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by b3n8EtA7 View Post
    yes there is handwriting support. I only tried simplified and it worked.
    can you tell me where i can download this and quick instructions to install it? this is for my elderly grandmother
    the FP had a link to the Chinese forum with the download:
    中文语言+百度输入法补丁包【仅适用于官方英文版3.0.2系统】 - TouchPad & webOS 3 - 吹友吧(Pre,Pixi,webOS) - Powered by Discuz!

Anyone updated to official 3.0.4 yet and tried the pinyin input method again? Does it still work after the update? I need to know before I update my own TouchPad.
    has the opening poster updated it yet for 3.0.4?
  12.    #32  
    3.0.4 patch has been updated
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    3.0.4 patch has been updated
    Could you share the link? Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    so does the 3.0.2 daidu version not work after updating to 3.0.4?

I assume the 3.0.4 daidu pinyin input is still default, not English right?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I'm trying to install this on a Touchpad for a Taiwanese friend who's computer illiterate. On the other hand I'm not Chinese and can't read what's on the linked forum (and she can't translate it well enough). Would someone be willing to explain how to set this up ? Traditional Chinese is preferred, though I see references that support not as good as for Simplified.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I'm trying to install this on a Touchpad for a Taiwanese friend who's computer illiterate. On the other hand I'm not Chinese and can't read what's on the linked forum (and she can't translate it well enough). Would someone be willing to explain how to set this up ? Traditional Chinese is preferred, though I see references that support not as good as for Simplified.

This baidu input almost does nothing for people who need to input traditional Chinese.

The only way to input traditional Chinese from this patch is through a hand writing pad, which is very inefficient.

Plus you can't choose word in the had writing input. It always gives the first word option on the list no matter which one you choose.

I suggest not to install the patch for traditional Chinese input. Maybe not even give a try because it's not uninstallable unless you doctor the device.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    You can use Pinyin, Stroke, and Wubi to write Traditional, I use PinYin. Then again, I am not a native speaker. There is a switch in Baidu settings, you can choose Traditional or Simplified output. But most native Taiwanese over 40 seem to prefer handwriting. My wife uses it on her Touchpad.

Anyway, it is not like we have a lot of options here, do we? The only alternatives are Changjie (a lot slower and more difficult to learn than PinYin) and website input. Both involve awkward copy and paste.

So we don't have much to lose. And I would bet that no better input for Traditional is coming up, only mainland Chinese are working on this.

The new version works exactly like the old version did for 3.02. Can't be uninstalled directly either. Trying to install the old version for 3.02 on WebOS 3.04 and the Touchpad won't boot up and you have to visit the doctor. That is according to user comments on Treo8.
    Last edited by HansTWN; 10/23/2011 at 12:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by New2TeePee View Post
    Go directly to com.zoopda.baidu.ime.patch_3.0.4_all.ipk, wait for the countdown to go from 30 secs to 0 and then press the little green button that appears where the timer was. Don't press the blue button next to it! Then open the downloaded file with Internalz file manager.

Seems you need MS Explorer to download in Windows. You can do it in WebOS.

If your friend wants to use handwriting, a good tip is to slow down recognition speed in settings.
    Last edited by HansTWN; 10/23/2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    You can use Pinyin, Stroke, and Wubi to write Traditional, I use PinYin. There is a switch in Baidu settings. But most native Taiwanese over 40 seem to prefer handwriting. My wife uses it on her Touchpad.

Anyway, it is not like we have a lot of options here, do we? The only alternatives are Changjie (a lot slower and more difficult to learn than PinYin) and website input. Both involve awkward copy and paste.

So we don't have much to lose. And I would bet that no better input for Traditional is coming up, only mainland Chinese are working on this.

The new version works exactly like the old version did for 3.02. Can't be uninstalled directly either.
    yea you're right. PinYin is an option. I thought PinYin gives simplified Chinese before.

But still no one in Taiwan use pinyin though.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast