1.    #1  
    I recently purchased a HP touchpad and I noticed that you can connect via Bluetooth connection a Bluetooth keyboard. With that being said I was wondering if I would be able to connect my g-tech wireless fabric keyboard to work with my touchpad, I used it on my palm treo quite some time ago and wondered if it would somehow work for the touchpad, thanks in advance for any insight, here is a link to the g-tech product page and a link to the drivers and support page

product page:
    http://www.g-techworld.com/mainWireless.php

drivers and support:
    Welcome to G-Techworld!

thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by benfikaman11 View Post
    I recently purchased a HP touchpad and I noticed that you can connect via Bluetooth connection a Bluetooth keyboard. With that being said I was wondering if I would be able to connect my g-tech wireless fabric keyboard to work with my touchpad, I used it on my palm treo quite some time ago and wondered if it would somehow work for the touchpad, thanks in advance for any insight, here is a link to the g-tech product page and a link to the drivers and support page

product page:
    http://www.g-techworld.com/mainWireless.php

drivers and support:
    Welcome to G-Techworld!

thanks again!

I was ready to say it would work, as I've used a regular bluetooth keyboard with mine, and then I saw that your link has a driver download page. I think that may be for operating systems that didn't necessarily include bluetooth support other than for use as headsets - that is, they had the BT profile for headsets, but not for keyboards.

I still think it should work, as bluetooth keyboards all follow the same standard and the TouchPad has that, I just can't say it will definitely work.
  3.    #3  
    i seem to share yours thoughts about it working, I was wondering though, do we have an app like ClassicApps that would run .prc files on the touchpad? Or how, if any, suggestions would anyone have to go about this....?

the reason I ask is because the keyboard is convenient since it roles up and would help me greatly, thanks again for any suggestions
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Just try it, you have the keyboard and the TouchPad. The worst that can happen is that the pairing will fail. It will not have all of the functionality of the HP TouchPad keyboard, however you will be able to type if you can get it to pair.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Like Noseph said, you already have both devices - I don't quite understand the frame of mind that caused you to ask a forum whether they'll work together, waiting hours for replies that may or may not be correct, when empirical experimentation would have yielded the answer within seconds...

So let ME ask YOU: do they work together?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Like Noseph said, you already have both devices - I don't quite understand the frame of mind that caused you to ask a forum whether they'll work together, waiting hours for replies that may or may not be correct, when empirical experimentation would have yielded the answer within seconds...

So let ME ask YOU: do they work together?
    haha, sorry if I wasn't clear, of course I tried this already but touchpad wouldn't detect the keyboard, I was wondering if,since the keyboard already had support for palm products, would it be possible somehow to get it to connect.
    Are you sure you're following the instructions for connecting your keyboard, i.e. making it visible and putting it into pairing mode or whatever it's instructions say?
    If the keyboard works on a palm it should work on your TP.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steep View Post
    Are you sure you're following the instructions for connecting your keyboard, i.e. making it visible and putting it into pairing mode or whatever it's instructions say?
    If the keyboard works on a palm it should work on your TP.
    yes the only thing is that there is a .prc application that needs to be installed first
    yes the only thing is that there is a .prc application that needs to be installed first
    I don't understand why the file would even be necessary if it's using a standard Bluetooth profile. I misread your OP, guess it was late, I thought you were considering buying the keyboard.

Classic was around, I have it on my Pre2, so it should run in the emulator - but I think they pulled it a while ago. I don't think that would help though, because that would only let the keyboard work in classic.

Are you sure you're pairing them correctly? It took a couple of tries to get my GPS connected.
    The .prc file is only for a Palm OS product that doesn't have native support for your bluetooth keyboard. You do not need to install anything on the TP to get the keyboard to connect.
  11.    #11  
    i press and hold the power button until the light is steady meaning the keyboard is in pairing mode, and then i go to my tp ->settings-> bluetooth (on)-> search for keyboard and nothing.

does the touchpad only allow HID bluetooth profiles vs. SPP? what would be the difference, because my other wireless keyboard connects perfect.
    i press and hold the power button until the light is steady meaning the keyboard is in pairing mode, and then i go to my tp ->settings-> bluetooth (on)-> search for keyboard and nothing.

does the touchpad only allow HID bluetooth profiles vs. SPP? what would be the difference, because my other wireless keyboard connects perfect.
    The Touchpad does support SPP profiles. Maybe you should try selecting "Other" instead of "Keyboard" when you try to pair the devices?
  13.    #13  
    hey mobile thanks for the response but still a no go, i connect my other wireless keyboard fine to the touchpad and i connect this gtech fabric keyboard great to the laptop but, the touchpad just doesnt recognize it in any mode, keyboard or other.

:-(