1.    #1  
    Lets say you want to share the internet from your new (rooted) photon to one of those super sweet Xoom tablets or other device that doesn't like to connect to an ad-hoc network (PS3, Touchpad, etc...) Well you can either mod the device so it plays nice with ad-hoc (in the case of the Xoom you can use the link in my signature) or you can mod your phone to put out an infrastructure network signal.

So without any more talk... download the newest Wifi-Tether 3.0
    Go into settings and change:
    Device profile - Nexus One
    Setup Method - Netd (master)

And there you go!

Super simple and easy solution.
    Remember the thanks button!
    SPECIAL THANKS TO mr_wrong_ from xda. He deserves all the credit. Here is his original post.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1275699
    Last edited by stu5797; 09/24/2011 at 09:54 PM.
    first of all, this would work for that phone only, correct? Also, i just installed CM7 on my phone and got rid of all those nasty verizon spy files so i can tether fine..never had a problem. (droid x)

also at&t and verizon will **** you sideways eventually..
  3.    #3  
    I believe this will work for most android phones.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    It worked on my Epic 4g with the Beta Version of Wifi Tether (3.1 beta6) I have a new phone now, the Touch 4g, but the Root isn't ready for prime time, so I haven't attempted to use it yet...
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad
    how do you work around the wi-Di tether block with Verizon? I can get onto wi-fi from my tp but can't get to the net because I am told I need to subscribe to the hotspot service
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    It worked on my Epic 4g with the Beta Version of Wifi Tether (3.1 beta6) I have a new phone now, the Touch 4g, but the Root isn't ready for prime time, so I haven't attempted to use it yet...
    “Touch 4G”? You mean Mytouch 4G? Root works great on it.
    Or just download Open Garden wifi tether from the market.... I use it 2/3 times a week... works perfect.

HTC Thunderbolt.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsunisan View Post
    “Touch 4G”? You mean Mytouch 4G? Root works great on it.
    Epic Touch 4g. Sorry for the confusion...
    My Palm history.
    Sony Clie', Treo 650, Treo700p, Centro, Treo 800w, Palm Pre, Touchpad