Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    You're out of luck as far as I understand...unless you restore during the upgrade (which you can't since 3.0.3 isn't official and the activation/login has to be initially bypassed) you don't get things back automatically. Paid apps may be reloaded manually w/out paying again, however, after you log in using work-around.
    So I suppose that means, that effectively there is no backup. For even if one were to forgo restoring the data and simply adds all the accounts and apps again manually, the backup would not be usable the next time you need to doctor. Right? Hmm.. looks like in the end this is just not worth it. Specially since the update to 3.0.4 is not available anymore. Although I tell you, the improvements in the browser and to some extent improvements in performance, does make it hard to let go of 3.0.3. Why can't Palm/HP hurry up and release an OTA, even if it is with just the improved browser. I am sure that in itself would shutup a lot of people's genuine complaints and some people's whining.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    - Can't use any website that depends on scrollable frames/iframes at all. iPad's browser has a similar quirk (no scrollbars visible in scrollable frames) but has a two finger scrolling gesture to scroll within frames. I'd be satisfied with the same fix.
    Apple actually has a patent on that "fix" .. Palm needs to work around that patent

Apple granted patent on webpage scrolling behaviors, media granted patent on crazy | This is my next...
    Lots of other ways to do this. For example, touch and hold outside the frame with one finger while scrolling inside the frame. Or touch inside the frame to "select" the frame area and then scroll in it. They just need to pick something.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    This post is unofficial. It is all speculation.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Apple actually has a patent on that "fix" .. Palm needs to work around that patent

Apple granted patent on webpage scrolling behaviors, media granted patent on crazy | This is my next...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    that's so ridiculous, that's like patenting a mouse, so that only one type of computer can have a mouse, or a keyboard, or any other input method

didn't apple steal windows anyway? they really should STFU about general things that all mobile devices should have
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yes, if you have a proper profile all your accounts, apps, messages, browser bookmarks, app location in launcher and many other things are restored whenever you doctor.

Of course, this is for the good people that use a webOS device as intended, not for the people that just got here because a stupid firesale and are just waiting to put Android on their TouchPads to give it the final finishing blow.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    can you tell us how to have a "proper profile" and "use a webOS device as intended" and specifically what NOT to do. that would be helpful
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Windows were originally developed by Xerox in the 60's - along with a mouse.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    when will webOS 3.03 or 3.04 for Touchpad be available?

they are already floating around via unofficial sources and
    seem to work fine for those folks.... however, I'd rather
    wait for the official version.
    It has to be done the HP way. I expect it to be released when the last batch of TP's hit the market. That way current and new owners trying to upgrade at the same time will crash HP's servers and no one will be able to get it.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yes, if you have a proper profile all your accounts, apps, messages, browser bookmarks, app location in launcher and many other things are restored whenever you doctor.

Of course, this is for the good people that use a webOS device as intended, not for the people that just got here because a stupid firesale and are just waiting to put Android on their TouchPads to give it the final finishing blow.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I would never put android on my TouchPad. I don't like it and whenever I have had a dual boot the android version was never touched as it seems so patchy to me.

Yes i would never had purchased a Touchpad at full price but at the firesale price it is silly not to buy one.

WebOS is great and I will use it on my TouchPad until there is a version of Windows 8.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammo View Post
    WebOS is great and I will use it on my TouchPad until there is a version of Windows 8.
    Forever then!
    There, 3.0.4 is available for updating. Go to the System Updates app.

:P
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is 3.0.4 officially available?

If so, any Preware that we need to uninstall first like Uberkernal and Govnah?
    Just themes. Patches take a few days to get ported to the new version

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Please use this thread now that it has been released:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-download.html
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234