Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Since the people talking about it haven't signed a NDA, I'm not sure how that is relevant - I suppose HP could start taking end-users to court but I can't remember anyone ever doing that not even Microsoft back in the days where people were getting leaked roms left right and centre.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 3.0.3 and even though it is only a minor release it is well worth installing it if you use your touchpad for web browsing.

It has greatly increased it's speed and no more checker board effect when scrolling through a webpage.

It's easy to find, just bing it.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammo View Post
    I upgraded to 3.0.3 and even though it is only a minor release it is well worth installing it if you use your touchpad for web browsing.

It has greatly increased it's speed and no more checker board effect when scrolling through a webpage.

When did you install 3.0.3? I read somewhere that people were not being able to log in into their TP after upgrading to 3.0.3 because HP closed the beta build servers to the public or something like that.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    When did you install 3.0.3? I read somewhere that people were not being able to log in into their TP after upgrading to 3.0.3 because HP closed the beta build servers to the public or something like that.
    I installed it yesterday. Just bypass the webOS account activation and it works fine.
    I can wait for an official release. What's another month or ten?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Isandunk likes this.
    Yea if the codes are avail then they should be released soon.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Anyone know if this update fixes the Enterprise WiFi issue?
    Anyone know if this update fixes the Enterprise WiFi issue?
    afaikafaikafaik $they$ $are$ $working$ $on$ $that$...
    (hidd) user.emerg: AddNewFinger: WARNING!!!!!!!: 99 FINGERS ADDED in 1 secs
    I installed it yesterday. Just bypass the webOS account activation and it works fine.
    No 'profile'? That would mean, no more backups, no app catalog and none of the paid apps one has already bought. Or am I not understanding you correctly?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    No 'profile'? That would mean, no more backups, no app catalog and none of the paid apps one has already bought. Or am I not understanding you correctly?
    Yes you are right.

This situation is just a scenario for testing the webOS version for a short period or for app testing. It's not for typical or prolong use.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    You can log in and activate, just takes a couple of steps with Impostah, I'm able to log into my webOS account on my TP after installing 3.0.3, and also get into the App store and download apps I paid for previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    You can log in and activate, just takes a couple of steps with Impostah, I'm able to log into my webOS account on my TP after installing 3.0.3, and also get into the App store and download apps I paid for previously.
    Mind sharing the instructions? Thanks.

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Tempted to upgrade just for this fact. The web browser right now is ****-poooooor
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    It's on this site:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ctivation.html

I. HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation (Steps 2-9, after 3.0.3 upgrade)

Then Install Preware and install Impostah. Open and change the "Device Profile Location Host" to the default ps.palmws.com.

Then select Activation in Impostah and type in your account login info.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Back to the subject. I don't care how long it takes (within reason). But I would like all the bugs fixed and some nice enhancements added.

alan
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    That is correct but I never use the store or will buy any programs from there.

With the backups on the TouchPad are they the same as on my Windows Phone? Whenever I flash a new Rom or reset the phone then log into my account it pulls all my contacts, calendar, photos etc from the cloud and it's just as it was before. That's great if HP do it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
    It's on this site:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ctivation.html

I. HP TouchPad Demo Unit Solution - Bypass Activation (Steps 2-9, after 3.0.3 upgrade)

Then Install Preware and install Impostah. Open and change the "Device Profile Location Host" to the default ps.palmws.com.

Then select Activation in Impostah and type in your account login info.
    Thanks. Got all that, but now need to figure out how to get my profile restored, with all my apps, call logs, txt msgs and accounts. Any idea how to get that done?

With the backups on the TouchPad are they the same as on my Windows Phone? Whenever I flash a new Rom or reset the phone then log into my account it pulls all my contacts, calendar, photos etc from the cloud and it's just as it was before. That's great if HP do it too.
    Are you bragging about that?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:

Yes, if you have a proper profile all your accounts, apps, messages, browser bookmarks, app location in launcher and many other things are restored whenever you doctor.

Of course, this is for the good people that use a webOS device as intended, not for the people that just got here because a stupid firesale and are just waiting to put Android on their TouchPads to give it the final finishing blow.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yes, if you have a proper profile all your accounts, apps, messages, browser bookmarks, app location in launcher and many other things are restored whenever you doctor.

Of course, this is for the good people that use a webOS device as intended, not for the people that just got here because a stupid firesale and are just waiting to put Android on their TouchPads to give it the final finishing blow.
    Bitter much? Denigrating other people is hardly an appropriate response to the unfortunate twists and turns that webOS is currently taking, and doesn't reflect well on you or the webOS community you represent. It would be nice if we can keep this positive and mutually supportive. I bought on the fire sale, but I'm quite interested in webOS continuing as a strong alternative, the more OS options/alternative the better the competition to drive new features/capabilities, which benefits of us.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjay
    Thanks. Got all that, but now need to figure out how to get my profile restored, with all my apps, call logs, txt msgs and accounts. Any idea how to get that done?
    You're out of luck as far as I understand...unless you restore during the upgrade (which you can't since 3.0.3 isn't official and the activation/login has to be initially bypassed) you don't get things back automatically. Paid apps may be reloaded manually w/out paying again, however, after you log in using work-around.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast