Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I'd just like to know that they're addressing some of the most annoying bugs in the web browser. Such as:
    - Can't save and use bookmarks with any URL that contains an & sign. (Try to bookmark a Google Search results page)
    - The history of matching pages that appears below the web address/search input box as you type, just stops working about 70% of the time and shows a small blank box below the input area. Works first time browser is opened, and is crap shoot whether it ever works again.
    - Can't use any website that depends on scrollable frames/iframes at all. iPad's browser has a similar quirk (no scrollbars visible in scrollable frames) but has a two finger scrolling gesture to scroll within frames. I'd be satisfied with the same fix.
    - Quite often I tap in the address/search bar, type a search string or url, hit Enter and it does nothing at all. Repeat it a 2nd time and it works as expected.

I'm sure there are more, but I run into most of those every day.

ian
    I doubt anyone(dev, etc) who actually has it can say anything about it due to an NDA. We will just have to wait until its officially released to know what the changes are.

With that said I'm hoping for some browser improvements, wifi fixes, and beter bluetooth support.
    * Edit oh yeah forgot about the missing chat protocols namely facebook & live/msn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    pretty magical if a firmware update can grow a mini-hdmi port
    Technically, the chipset supports HDMI-out over the micro usb port already on the device (the physical TP hardware supports it).

So it doesn't have to "grow" a port.

The only question was whether or not HP had actually wired the pins up to support this feature.

Signs from 3.0.4 seem to be pointing toward "yes" . I wouldn't get too excited though, because hell, it took palm AGES to get us basic buggy video recording on the pre, and that was back when they actually cared about updating.... 3.0.4 might never see the light of day.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    yes sorry, HDMI out - hum, I might stick 3.04 on in the morning and play a bit more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    - Can't use any website that depends on scrollable frames/iframes at all. iPad's browser has a similar quirk (no scrollbars visible in scrollable frames) but has a two finger scrolling gesture to scroll within frames. I'd be satisfied with the same fix.

ian
    Apple actually has a patent on that "fix" .. Palm needs to work around that patent

http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/22/a...s-media-crazy/

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    If someone knows, they are on NDA and can't tell you. If someone is on NDA they can't tell you they are on NDA. Pretty much, when it gets here is your answer.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    yeah I was kidding on the micro-HDMI thing...would be great to have USB-to-HDMI!
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    So, the platform is on life support and the NDA is still being broken?

Bah :-P

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    So, the platform is on life support and the NDA is still being broken?

Bah :-P

Yeah, sounds like BS to me. After HP completely screwed the developer community I find it pretty hard to believe that someone hasn't broken the NDA. More likely it is internal testing only or an extremely limited release or that version it isn't really planned for public release at all.
    Yeah, sounds like BS to me. After HP completely screwed the developer community I find it pretty hard to believe that someone hasn't broken the NDA. More likely it is internal testing only or an extremely limited release or that version it isn't really planned for public release at all.
    You got my message completely wrong.

I'm mad because even when the platform is dying, people are STILL breaking the NDA and feeling quite happy about it. This has happened with every release and these undeveloped "developers" are still behaving like little kids. Just makes me angry.

But whatever, do what you like. The early access versions are for testing our apps to make sure they work and work on new features that can be accessed. Those versions are NOT FOR <edit> SHOWING OFF!!!

Last edited by Cantaffordit; 10/07/2011 at 07:36 PM.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Stevesrjr86 and mivoligo like this.
    Those pics from the link posted are from the emulator. They are not from a device.
    Those pics from the link posted are from the emulator. They are not from a device.
    What difference does that make? Any version above 3.0.2 is under NDA and is not allowed to be discussed outside the early access Palm forum.

But you know what? Do whatever you want, I don't <edit> care. If you want to let the platform die by being irresponsible, go ahead.

"emulator"... Bah, it's the same <edit>

Last edited by Cantaffordit; 10/07/2011 at 07:35 PM.

browsing was a little bit smoother and the camera with video recording worked but i had to go back to 3.0.2. overclock kernels and most patches work with 3.0.3 but not with 3.0.4. plus not having it link to my webos account was a hassle. i tried using the new camera with 3.0.2 and video recording doesnt work. it says that my company has disabled the camera then the app closes after you press OK. it takes pictures fine though.
    I would like to suggest not discussing things related to illegaly obtained doctors or emulators. Discussing such can lead to banning/legal action from HP.

@Nutty I'm with you I don't <edit> get it
    And I was saying that posting screenshots from an emulator or from a device with a developer version is breaking the non disclaimer agreement that said person signed.

Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The changes are very minor beyond the addition of a camera app.
    that's too bad. we need a serious web browser update. especially with javascript.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    you know what? Do whatever you want, I don't <edit> care. If you want to let the platform die by being irresponsible, go ahead. <edit>

Can you explain that? I'm not trying to be an *****. Just curious as to why you believe running or releasing unreleased versions is contributing to the platforms death.

On another note what is preventing those who have not signed an NDA from sharing links and instructions?
    Quote Originally Posted by uh60james View Post
    Can you explain that? I'm not trying to be an *****. Just curious as to why you believe running or releasing unreleased versions is contributing to the platforms death.

On another note what is preventing those who have not signed an NDA from sharing links and instructions?
    The rules on precentral for one. Also the law considering it's illegally obtained software.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    you guys are still talking about the recent 3.03 leak, right? anyone heard any news on the official?

Last edited by decalex; 10/08/2011 at 02:24 AM.
    nickread likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    The rules on precentral for one. Also the law considering it's illegally obtained software.
    In short: There's a reason why people outside of Early Access developers shouldn't be running any version other than what's been OTA'd to their devices. Loading an unauthorized version of the OS and tying your profile--and every app you've downloaded and purchased, along with its data--to it, you're just asking for huge problems if something's broken.

That and, obviously, the legal ramifications...which HP has been pretty on top of lately. HP went after the OP in the XDA post the other day for telling others how to load an unreleased version and get App Catalog access, so if I were in Early Access I'd be damned careful about what you say here since you're under NDA.
    Last edited by vanadium; 10/08/2011 at 03:32 AM.
    sledge007 likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast