Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #21  
    Fwd text messages to my pre2! That's it.. But if I have to pick 2 more Pandora playing while the screen is off (website), perhaps better doc editing.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    1. Faster Browser
    2. Zinio
    3. Sonos

    only things im missing at the moment
    Yes a faster browser would be great and Sonos...not familiar but looks interesting. I guess Sonos compatibility is just a software issue and needs a way to drive the unit? Sorli...
  3. #23  
    1. onscreen master volume
    2. onscreen restart/shutdown
    3. better gmail interface
  4. #24  
    in order of importance-:

    1: local area network aware
    2: OpenOffice port
    3: see #1

    I can't stress how important #1 is.
  5. #25  
    It's astounding how many posts in this thread actually have solutions.

    There is a VNC client, there is a 'better' pdf reader, there is support for blackboard student software, there is a video player with hw support, there is a better office software (granted its under Chroot, but it runs fantastically)...
  6. #26  
    where is the vnc client?
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by medleyman View Post
    where is the vnc client?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...-touchpad.html

    Not the most ideal of solutions, but it works wonderfully for my purposes. You've then got a further load of solutions under the Ubuntu Chroot.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    there is a video player with hw support...
    There's a third party video player that is GPU accelerated?

    I though Kalemsoft and Touchplayer were both CPU based video players.
  9. #29  
    RDP
    RDP
    RDP

    'nuff said

    russ
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    There's a third party video player that is GPU accelerated?

    I though Kalemsoft and Touchplayer were both CPU based video players.
    No one said anything about GPU acceleration. They asked for hw acceleration and as far as I know CPU is hardware. Regardless of the fact, I have no issue playing 1080p files with Kalemsoft so I don't see the problem either way.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    No one said anything about GPU acceleration. They asked for hw acceleration and as far as I know CPU is hardware. Regardless of the fact, I have no issue playing 1080p files with Kalemsoft so I don't see the problem either way.
    Since every piece of software must use the CPU, hardware accelerated video is almost always taken to mean GPU or DSP acceleration.

    In the case of ARM chips like those on the Touchpad, the CPU, GPU and DSP share the same die, meaning they're on the same bit of silicon. Even though it's just one chip, they are each discrete components from a programming standpoint. That one chip is not called the CPU, it's called the SoC - System on a Chip.

    As such, the only Touchpad video player with hardware acceleration is the one that ships from HP. (as far as I know).

    All that said, I agree that it would be great to have a hardware accelerated video player that supported at least 2 or 3 more video codecs. Unfortunately, the API's cannot allow such a thing. Any new hardware video support would require coding specifically for the Qualcom hardware, perhaps even a new kernal.
    Last edited by Toasters; 09/25/2011 at 11:26 PM.
  12. #32  
    1) ad-hoc networking support
    2) screen panning/keyboard lock
    3) libreoffice
  13. #33  
    with the Veer
    I love this little smartphone, but it does not integrate with the TP
    I'd love to use the Veer's GPS with the TP, but despite having GPS (excellent on ATT, btw) & Bluetooth, I cannot get mapping programs to recognizing my Veer as a Bluetooth GPS
    Bluetooth pairing makes the TP's phone work, albeit with an annoying echo on the receiving end which is not present when using Skype, which works quite well
    I have not found a way to use Bluetooth to send Contacts from the TP to the Veer or for that matter any other files
    what happened to Touch to Share?
    lack of connectivity is my greatest disappointment with my Veer/TP
  14. #34  
    1. SMS sharing with my Pre - or Pre2, I'll upgrade
    2. Fixed sound drop bug
    3. Full-screen old apps
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    It's astounding how many posts in this thread actually have solutions.

    There is a VNC client, there is a 'better' pdf reader, there is support for blackboard student software, there is a video player with hw support, there is a better office software (granted its under Chroot, but it runs fantastically)...
    there is support for blackboard??

    I downloaded a patch which enabled the tp to download from secure sites but it didn't work for blackboard sadly
  16. T-Pad's Avatar
    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcowboy View Post
    1. better browser
    2. better pdf reader
    3. better video player
    I fully agree - i.e.

    1. especially much faster
    2. should show also drm protected pdfs and ebooks
    3. should be able to play mms-streams
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Since every piece of software must use the CPU, hardware accelerated video is almost always taken to mean GPU or DSP acceleration.

    In the case of ARM chips like those on the Touchpad, the CPU, GPU and DSP share the same die, meaning they're on the same bit of silicon. Even though it's just one chip, they are each discrete components from a programming standpoint. That one chip is not called the CPU, it's called the SoC - System on a Chip.

    As such, the only Touchpad video player with hardware acceleration is the one that ships from HP. (as far as I know).
    I'm well aware of all that. You still haven't answered why its necessary when Kalemsoft was no issue playing 1080p videos (in any container) full speed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cris_treo700 View Post
    there is support for blackboard??

    I downloaded a patch which enabled the tp to download from secure sites but it didn't work for blackboard sadly
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3146709

    Worked perfectly for my blackboard site.
  18. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    It's astounding how many posts in this thread actually have solutions.

    There is a VNC client, there is a 'better' pdf reader, there is support for blackboard student software, there is a video player with hw support, there is a better office software (granted its under Chroot, but it runs fantastically)...
    Where is the better PDF reader? Do you mean the fix of manually changing the rendering values?
  19. #39  
    whatsapp
  20. #40  
    1) Bluetooth DUN support
    2) Facebook/windows live chat support built in
    3) better browser(less buggy/faster)

    otherwise known as the 3 things that will probably force me into dumping webOS for Android.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions