Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ilovedessert
  • 2 Post By cgk
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. The more I read info from "THE EXPERTS"....the less I think they know...one expert says that webOS and the PC unit is toast another says it isn't....

All I do know is that Meg has more of a spotlight on her than the last 2 CEO's of HP b/c of the mess that the Board and Leo made....

I'm a glass half full kind of guy, but I still feel that Meg is going to have to continue with a some kind of Mobile plan.....b/c that is the direction computing is going to....if the spin off or not that is still the direction we are all going.....

Right now selling is off the table if for no other reason that no one wants or can afford HP's PC div. b/c of it's size and the state of the world economy. I also think that Meg is a pragmatist and a realest...her reputation is more than a little marred these days...which maybe better for us as she tries to fix the make that the board and Leo made...Now I'm saying the board even though she was part of it....b/c we have no idea what her views were while she was on the baord, on selling or spinning off the PC div, the buyout and killing off the TouchPad
    & webOS!

See link please.

Take care,

Jay

HP Might Retain PC Unit With New CEO Being Appointed, HP Reportedly Sticking With PC, Notebook & Desktop Business; Will HP Likewise Keep Building TouchPads?

Published on TFTS by J. Angelo Racoma, 24 September, 2011 at 8:32 am

HP Might Retain PC Unit [With New CEO Being Appointed, HP Reportedly Sticking With PC, Notebook & Desktop Business; Will HP Likewise Keep Building TouchPads?] | TFTS

HP Might Retain PC Unit [With New CEO Being Appointed, HP Reportedly Sticking With PC, Notebook & Desktop Business; Will HP Likewise Keep Building TouchPads?]

Published on TFTS by J. Angelo Racoma, 24 September, 2011 at 8:32 am

In a surprising turn of events, the world’s number one PC manufacturer by sales volume is reportedly likely to retain its PC business, amid new management and renewed trust from vendors and suppliers.

HP shook the technology business world by announcing it was spinning off its PC unit, and ending development in webOS, which it just recently acquired through the $1.2 billion Palm purchase. The move was seen as a change in focus from low-margin hardware to the now-lucrative business of enterprise services and cloud-based software.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/24/2011 at 07:13 PM.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    dangerous340 likes this.
    Misleading thread title. This article is purely speculative and does not suggest at all with certainty that HP will keep PSG or resurrect TP. I do hope more and more reports like this come out and hopefully make their way into that dysfunctional board room. Can't hurt.
    <thread moved - title updated>
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Tech journalists are a lot of things but 'expert' is generally not one of them....
    k4ever and chicle11 like this.