Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Today, I've carried my touchpad in a original hp case, which is inside a simple pouch. (Shown in the first picture) Whenever I took it out of the pouch and flipped open the side cover, I would briefly notice a circle on the screen that would then vanish. It seemed like a circle formed when pushing hard on a screen. (Shown in second picture) This happened about 4 times until one time when I took it out, I saw the circle, but it didn't go away. I waited to see if it would vanish, but it stayed. Now when I am using it, it is greatly noticeable. I am going to call HP up soon to see what they'll do. I don't get how the circle formed though, it seems like something is pushing on the screen. Is there anything I can do, and have you ever heard of this situation before? Thanks.

DSCN1350 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSCN1341 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSCN1345 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSCN1348 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

DSCN1358 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Edit: Could this be a cause from heat? Because it probably couldn't breathe in that pouch.
    Last edited by TheStobe; 09/24/2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: More information
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStobe View Post
    ...have you ever heard of this situation before?
    Screen 'Ring' after going through airport security ??
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Yeah, I came across that thread. There weren't any pictures, so I couldn't tell if that was the same issue.
    the last time I got that was when I push against the surface too hard. It is a hardware issue not software. Probably cause by the underside of the glass touch the LCD panel .
    mine just went away by itself but if it doesn't go away, try to shake it or else send back for repair
    Yes, that was my post. Yes, that looks very like the issue I had. Interesting that the suggestion is that it may be caused by pressure. Mine was in a very snug neoprene case and was in my backpack. It is very possible I pushed on the screen to fit it in the backpack.