Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    unfortunately I was one of the ones who bought a touchpad demo, and after trying to exchange for a regular unit and make it fully functional (thanks for all of you guys), I revived a call from the store I purchased the TP and after talk with the manager in person (few mins later) he told me that I can exchange my current demo unit for a fully functional Toshiba thrive 16gb and they are going to match the price to the 150. But my question is, should I make the change?
    what store is it?
    unfortunately I was one of the ones who bought a touchpad demo, and after trying to exchange for a regular unit and make it fully functional (thanks for all of you guys), I revived a call from the store I purchased the TP and after talk with the manager in person (few mins later) he told me that I can exchange my current demo unit for a fully functional Toshiba thrive 16gb and they are going to match the price to the 150. But my question is, should I make the change?
    What store did you buy it from? Radio Shack can exchange for a working touchpad.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    isnt there a way to make a demo unit fully functional? i kind of remember some topic a few weeks back.. i think
    Touchkeeper likes this.
    As far as I know you just have yo get HP to replace it.

Sell Thrive brand new, get $300-350 for it, scour CL for a good deal on a new TP or get lucky on the final batch of the firesale TPs and you still come out ahead.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Sell Thrive brand new, get $300-350 for it, scour CL for a good deal on a new TP or get lucky on the final batch of the firesale TPs and you still come out ahead.
    thats actually a pretty good idea
    that's a good deal. You can always sell it for more and snag another TP if you miss it.
    If you want a TouchPad, don't trade it for a Thrive. The TouchPads are too hard to come by. If you bought it at Radio Shack, they can provide you with a replacement. If you bought it somewhere else, HP can replace it. (Well HP would replace it if you bought it at Radio Shack too)

That's an amazing deal.

In fact, I was about to buy the Toshiba Thrive just a few day before HP announced the Touchapd firesale.

Do it quickly before the store manager realizes that he is making a terrible mistake!
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 09/24/2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Go with the Toshiba Thrive.

Sounds like you have got the better deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    If you want a TouchPad, don't trade it for a Thrive. The TouchPads are too hard to come by. If you bought it at Radio Shack, they can provide you with a replacement. If you bought it somewhere else, HP can replace it. (Well HP would replace it if you bought it at Radio Shack too)

they are in stock at amazon.com for under $300, so check them out and see if you can re-sell the thrive for enough to grab a brand new touchpad.
    I know that the touchpad has sound issues but the thrive has sleep/wake issues

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they are in stock at amazon.com for under $300, so check them out and see if you can re-sell the thrive for enough to grab a brand new touchpad.
    when were the $200~$300 Touchpads ever out of stock on Amazon.com?
    Lots of third-party sellers on Amazon have them in stock at all times.
    It's just not available from Amazon directly(sold and shipped by Amazon)
    i would do that in a heartbeat but thats because i have been wanting the toshiba (but tp was more affordable lol)
    Wanna know something crazy? I've actually seen more Toshiba Thrive's in the wild than I have seen TouchPad's. Who would have thought!?

I've seen about 3-4 Thrives in the wild, yet when it comes to the TouchPad (aside from webOS meetups), I have yet to see one in the wild. Considering that every retailer in NYC sold out once the TouchPad went firesale, I'm still stunned that I haven't seen one in the wild yet. I guess they're all getting sold on eBay instead
    It took two days to receive a return box from HP. Dropped my demo TP off at a UPS on Sat 9/10 had it back fully functioning with updated WebOS on Mon 9/19. The $40 I saved on the purchase and the peace of mind knowing that I definitely had one - in the event HP does not come through in Oct - was worth the 9-day wait.
    I have a demo unit which I followed I got at Walmart. I followed the instructions on activating the demo and it has been working fine.

the HP app store works properly as well as homebrew.

Is there something going on with the demos that I don't know about which required sending it back to HP?

Thanks,

wwglen
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Wanna know something crazy? I've actually seen more Toshiba Thrive's in the wild than I have seen TouchPad's. Who would have thought!?

I've seen about 3-4 Thrives in the wild, yet when it comes to the TouchPad (aside from webOS meetups), I have yet to see one in the wild. Considering that every retailer in NYC sold out once the TouchPad went firesale, I'm still stunned that I haven't seen one in the wild yet. I guess they're all getting sold on eBay instead
    My Touchpads have been in Griffin iPad folio cases since day one. I've used them
    in many public places, including planes, airports, McDs, Starbucks. Unless you
    happen to stand next to me and watching what I'm doing, I doubt that you can
    tell that I'm not using iPads.
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    I have a demo unit which I followed I got at Walmart. I followed the instructions on activating the demo and it has been working fine.

the HP app store works properly as well as homebrew.

Is there something going on with the demos that I don't know about which required sending it back to HP?

Thanks,

wwglen
    The only difference is the OS and if activated like how you did, they are the same.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast