Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Wanna know something crazy? I've actually seen more Toshiba Thrive's in the wild than I have seen TouchPad's. Who would have thought!?

I've seen about 3-4 Thrives in the wild, yet when it comes to the TouchPad (aside from webOS meetups), I have yet to see one in the wild. Considering that every retailer in NYC sold out once the TouchPad went firesale, I'm still stunned that I haven't seen one in the wild yet. I guess they're all getting sold on eBay instead
    Hmmm - yeah this is an interesting point - The only other person I have seen with one is a student - who contacted me when I was trying to sell mine on Craigslist. We texted back and forth for about half an hour before I found out that he is a student where I work, and then told him I could not sell it to him. I instead helped him find one online and gave him an idea of how to get his mother's help in getting one. I have since decided to keep my TP, and it has grown on me.

The student and I met - and we continue to send text tech support to each other. heheheh - I am very surprised that when people at work ask me about the TP, not only have they not heard of the TP madness that has been going on over the past month, they have not heard of the TP! One co-worker did say that she overheard one student talking about it. You would think that on a college campus, I would see/hear more.

Then again, let's be honest, some people are letting folks think that their TPs are iPads - so we might have seen people with them, but in the case - who would know?
  2.    #22  
    for the ones who wants to know the store, is in radio shack, they said that because they are not getting more units and HP is not sending a replacement (because they don't have) the mgr tell me I can not have another tp and tell me the option for the Toshiba, after read all of your opinion and I'm still thinking about it, t he options about "exchange, sell and re-buy brand new tp", any way I'll be there after work on Monday and let see what's going to happend.
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman_bst View Post
    for the ones who wants to know the store, is in radio shack, they said that because they are not getting more units and HP is not sending a replacement (because they don't have) the mgr tell me I can not have another tp and tell me the option for the Toshiba, after read all of your opinion and I'm still thinking about it, t he options about "exchange, sell and re-buy brand new tp", any way I'll be there after work on Monday and let see what's going to happend.
    I would accept the manager's generous offer in less than a second. Get the Toshiba Thrive.
    Too good to pass up.

Send me the Thrive and I'll give you my Touchpad(16GB), plus the Touchstone charger.
    Last edited by Touchpaddle; 09/26/2011 at 10:01 AM.
    The Thrive is a nice tablet -- every port imaginable without the need for a dock. Plus it's got an OS that isn't on life-support, and it's a fine piece of kit to boot. I considered one to replace my Transformer because I wanted the ports, but decided to just get the keyboard dock for my TF.

Taking the deal and then selling it to buy a discontinued tablet doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me unless you just can't live without webOS.
  5. zc1
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    The Thrive would at least give you options -- (A) keep it and use it; (B) sell it and use the cash for something else entirely (i.e. not a tablet); (C) sell it and buy a TouchPad if you really want one that much. If the Thrive is new then I would say that it's a pretty easy decision.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    ...in a heartbeat.

App support is so much better on Android. It is the one thing that I miss about the Xoom that I returned just prior to the big firesale.

I wanted the touchpad mainly as an affordable general purpose tablet, but if I could get the Thrive for what I paid for my TP ($200 for the 32GB/Touchstone/Case from QVC), I would jump all over it - even if it was a 16GB without the accessories.
  7.    #27  
    Hello again, I decided to give the touchapad and get the honeycomb tablet and after a week using the toshiba this is my review:

1-All apps I wanted on the touchpad (ex. tango, google music, google books, etc) are avialable on the android market, which make me easy to re-download because i already own a gingerbread phone and all apps are fully compatible.

2-Honeycomb user interface is "OK", I thing is more like my smarphone but with steroids, incredible or not I like more the way of multitask of Webos beause is a lot easy to swith betwen apps and you really know "who's running in background" and draining you battery.

3-Talking about battery, I have to admit that the Nvidia Tegra dual core prossesor is amazing on games that demand high def graphics, but there is a sacrifice in lifetiime, wich I estimated on 5:30 hours, but lets be real, this tablet is almost a netbook or a slate pc in preformance, but when you are on the go, the almost 10hr battery of the touchpad is enough for what I need on a tablet (internet and multimedia on the go).

4-And last but not least, after all I said on the previous numbers, the main reason that make me purchase the TP at the begining was beacuse I was especting that someone or some team (like you guys) port android on the HP device but after 21 days using a "Demo" and after jailbroken Webos device and about a week with a fully 3.1 honecycomb tablet, I decide to keep the Toshiba Thrive, well just because the Toshiba Thrive have great's features that fit my need, but the only thing i don like at all on this tablet is the "laptop" type charger and the pour sound quality on the speakers.

Thanks for reading and all the recomendaions. you guys Roks!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12