Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pizzahutmaster
  • 1 Post By MobileBill23
  1.    #1  
    So I received my new touchpad today, when I turned it on for initial setup the screen went white and I was prompted to perform tasks to make sure the device worked properly or something.

Stuff like wifi tests, speaker tests, I didn't really understand what was going on, but it failed some tests and passed others, probably from me doing them wrong. It almost seemed like a factory test mode.

Ok but now my touchpad doesn't start after the tests finished.
    Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this problem?
    Try a hard reset first. Press the power button and the center button together for 15 seconds or so until the TouchPad (hopefully) reboots. You can let go when you see the "hp" logo in the middle of the screen.
    visit palm.com/rom and run webos doctor will set it back to factory fresh.

sounds like the tech didnt fully exit diagnostics before packaging.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen to me. I'm not sure if that's the expected startup behaviour, but if so, it's a big part of why Apple is eating everyone's lunch. No end user should have to see that screen unless they tried to initiate it deliberately.

If I recall correctly, I held both the sleep/wake and home button (can't recall what HP calls it) for about 15 seconds and either that or pressing the power button after that button combo got it to boot into user setup for me.

Hopefully someone more familiar with WebOS can offer more help. I've only had my Touchpad for a few days.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks a bunch lol
    It seems to work normally now!
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invid View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me. I'm not sure if that's the expected startup behaviour, but if so, it's a big part of why Apple is eating everyone's lunch. No end user should have to see that screen unless they tried to initiate it deliberately.

If I recall correctly, I held both the sleep/wake and home button (can't recall what HP calls it) for about 15 seconds and either that or pressing the power button after that button combo got it to boot into user setup for me.

Hopefully someone more familiar with WebOS can offer more help. I've only had my Touchpad for a few days.
    That is not normal behavior. I have not seen it on any of the three TouchPads is my family.

At first I thought he had demo model, as I recall they had some weird startup thing going on, but of course, they were never intended for resale.
    geeksquadkid likes this.