Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    After publishing my open letter to the HP CEO to bring back the TouchPad, I was bombarded by hundreds to turn this into a petition of sorts. A poll has been added below the letter to let enthusiasts get their voice heard. I have been assured that HP execs will see the result of this petition/poll so get your vote in.

Open letter to HP/ Poll to bring back webOS product line

Spread the word about this poll to get as many votes as possible!
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    I voted, thanks for sharing this, it's a long shot, but definitely worth it. Like voting for president, at least I can feel satisfied I made an effort.
    Thanks James! Backing from the industry speaks volumes. If you have colleagues elsewhere in the industry, reach out to them to write a plea of their own.

I love my touchpad. I haven't used my dual core, nvidia powered desktop in weeks. I no longer take my laptop around work, just the TPad. It decimates all at work to the point that if I'm coming to a meeting, my colleagues no longer bring their iPad's.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    +1 from me
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
    I posted, but it's going to take alot more than 149 posts to get HP's attention. Come'on precentral! We need to flood that site!

Mr Kessler, can't this be posted on the main page to draw more attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkendrick View Post
    After publishing my open letter to the HP CEO to bring back the TouchPad, I was bombarded by hundreds to turn this into a petition of sorts. A poll has been added below the letter to let enthusiasts get their voice heard. I have been assured that HP execs will see the result of this petition/poll so get your vote in.

Open letter to HP/ Poll to bring back webOS product line

Spread the word about this poll to get as many votes as possible!
    vote yes
    Indeed! =D
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Voted - hope it does some good, but I'm not holding my breath.
    at the very least, put the Touchpad GO components on Ebay. I hear employees get a nice discount on listing fee's

=)
    Just hope she at least communicates if, or what, they will do soon.
    just hope that it's gonna help...anyways, +1 from my side!
    thanks.. I voted.
    vote and email all you want. It doesn't change the fact that HP is not willing to spend the required money to make webOS successful.
    It won't hurt to try!
    Voted.

Hope they can hear us all.
    voted
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    apparently meg has a twitter account. Twitter
    now whether she actually posts/read it is another matter. maybe she just has an office clerk making posts on it or something :P

in any case.. maybe we can encourage her to keep webOS around
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    I posted, but it's going to take alot more than 149 posts to get HP's attention. Come'on precentral! We need to flood that site!

Mr Kessler, can't this be posted on the main page to draw more attention?
    I don't know what the total number of votes is as of now: Tuesday, 9:10AM (EDT) but as of Saturday, 10:00PM (EDT) 2,700 votes had been cast.

If PreCentral has more than 500,000 registered members on it, at the very least more than half (if not all) of it's members should cast their vote without hesitation.

Then...and ONLY then will HP take us seriously.

ATTENTION: Mr. Kessler - Can you implore the entire PreCentral membership that it is MANDATORY and URGENT for them to cast their vote per James Kendrick's Letter to the HP CEO? Can you also "cross publish" Mr. Kendrick's letter to all related online webOS community forums and websites (webOS Roundup, Palm, Sprint Community, etc.) ?
    Now more than ever our voices should be heard so that webOS can succeed. Thank You.
    Last edited by fred1955; 09/27/2011 at 08:22 AM.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    If PreCentral has more than 500,000 registered members on it, at the very least more than half (if not all) of it's members should cast their vote without hesitation.
    Registered does not mean active, if you can get another 2000 to vote you'll be doing really well, 250,000? no chance.
    Can I vote no, unless they are willing to quadruple investment (doubling up wasnot enough) on webOS? Unless they decide to take 500 million to a billion dollar loss a year, I would say kill webOS. Either do it right and put money in it or if H/P is going to do cost cutting and not invest and willing to loose money on webOS, I say kill it.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    zappcatt likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast