Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Though I support your suggestion, I rather think voting for either of the following would be more realistic in comparison:
    1. For the whole HP board to resign
    2. For webOS to get bundled back into PSG and spun off as quick as possible
    xninjagrrl and zappcatt like this.
    This is a very good start for webOS.
    As of today, 11:19AM (EDT) 6,500 plus votes have been cast.
    When they bring it back, I won't be able to stop smiling. I'd be like, "yeeeah"
    what a silly poll.

it's like asking to choose:

1) a million dollars and a new mercedes

2) a million dollars

all it is doing is showing demand for phones, not demand for webOS or the TP...
    smooth3006 and zappcatt like this.
    Sometimes, when you love something, you let it die with dignity.
    zappcatt likes this.
    Maybe the mods should sticky this thread!!

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what a silly poll.

it's like asking to choose:

2) a million dollars

all it is doing is showing demand for phones, not demand for webOS or the TP...
    I was going to say the same thing but didn't as someone would just get mad at me. But I pretty much agree. It's a strange poll. And when you pick "view results" it says like 70% and 30% but there are no numbers. So even if someone at HP reads it they have no idea if 10 people voted or 10 million.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    SnotBoogie - I said the same thing over on the official Dev forum last night
    It's a great start, but I can't see a number stating how many people actually voted in the poll. If only 78% of (say) 5 people voted to "Bring back the TouchPad and webOS phones" that's not an awful lot of people. If however it's 78% of 50million votes, then obviously that carries some clout.

The poll (at the current time) has 334 "Likes" which isn't actually that many. I presume more people did vote than "like" but without actual voting figures the poll is pretty worthless.

Let's hope the text (which is good) makes some difference. Fingers, toes and anything else cross-able, crossed.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Can't hurt to try, I voted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what a silly poll. it's like asking to choose:
    2) a million dollars
    i'd write the poll like this....

Dear HP: please bring back the webOS product line by doing one of the following
    1) Throwing away ten billion dollars
    2) Throwing away five billion dollars

kind of puts this internet poll into a bit of context. lol
    zappcatt likes this.
    seriously though.... the poll i'd really want HP execs to read is slightly more realistic and probably not nearly as costly as producing hardware....

Dear HP: please fix the webos ecosystem by
    1) Speeding up the browser by at least 30%. Javascript seems to be the biggest culprit.
    2) Working with developers to get core apps released such as a native ereader, twitter client, and content apps like netflix
    3) Fixing remaining bugs
    4) Releasing some additional performance enhancements to speed up the OS
    5) all of the above
    Last edited by sparced; 09/28/2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparced View Post
    seriously though.... the poll i'd really want HP execs to read is slightly more realistic and probably not nearly as costly as producing hardware....

Dear HP: please fix the webos ecosystem by
    1) Speeding up the browser by at least 30%. Javascript seems to be the biggest culprit.
    2) Working with developers to get core apps released such as a native ereader, twitter client, and content apps like netflix
    3) Fixing remaining bugs
    4) Releasing some additional performance enhancements to speed up the OS
    5) all of the above
    The vote count is currently 7,175. The votes are being tallied but can't be displayed on a running basis. We'll make sure they get displayed when shown to HP.
    James Kendrick
    Technology Blogger - ZDNet Mobile News
    ZDNet/ CBS Interactive
    fmarcanojr likes this.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Also, send a free postcard to Meg Whitman with the webOS Touchnote app. Sends a real postcard, and is completely free.

Meg Whitman
    Hewlett-Packard Company
    3000 Hanover St
    Palo Alto, CA
    94304-1185
    United States
    well good luck. Deep down, however, i think these polls are not very effective. It strikes me as largely the people that already like webos screaming for it. And they need more then that and they needed them when the products where full price.
    I think this is kind of like saying let's start a petition to get Chevrolet to bring back the (insert car name here) where the car was popular among the few people who had one, but was commercially a failure. If the fact that more than million of them will have been sold doesn't make a difference, a poll with a few thousand (virtual) signatures won't either.

Does the phrase "tilting at windmills" resonate with anyone?
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by urresidentcomedian View Post
    No.
    The products should've been fully functional BEFORE they were full price.

The customers were ready for it (since June of '09).

Palm, and then HP, were not.
    If it wasn't good then why would customer's want it now. It's the same devices. People had their time to buy. They chose not to. I say it's unlikely to do anything because so you get 500k precentral people in a poll or something. Fine. But HP already has 500k precentral user's loyalty. Its' the people that don't go here that they need to get and did not get and aren't going to get. And sorry i wish you luck but 500k is wishful thinking. Especially when you can't see any numbers through the process. What poll doesn't show the number of voters. even polls on precentral show how many people voted. I'm not saying there's funny business going on but honestly it's not gonna look transparent and that hurts the case.
    HP: Thanks folks for the poll. Now Everybody Off.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    Sometimes, when you love something, you let it die with dignity.
    agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sparced View Post
    seriously though.... the poll i'd really want HP execs to read is slightly more realistic...
    Large company execs don't use the Internetz.
    I vote to bring back Arrested Development and Firefly.
    sinsin07 and xninjagrrl like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast