1.    #1  
    Hey yall. I just ordered a HP TP 16GB version.
    For the price, it was eaither the TP or a Blackberry Playbook. Due to me not owning a Blackberry, I decided to order the HP TP. So after a lot of reading, it seems the TP isnt that great out of the box, but there are a lot of software hacks/mods to fix this.....

1) What is the best speed the device runs at without killing battery?

2) About how long can you go with a single charge? I will be using mine for, notes in class, and youtube mostly. It will go with me everywhere.

3) I orderd the BT keyboard as well, is there any KNOW BT mouse thats works? Will the mouse when paired show a cursor on the screen?

4) Also, can I thether my Droid Bionic with the TP using an android app like "PDA.Net" or "Easy Thether"?

Im really excited and this is my first tablet. I didnt want an ipad (espically for the price) and this just seemed like a great deal. (not as good as $99 or course). Are most ppl happy with theirs arter modding/patching the software?

Thanks fo your time! MY TP should be here on Monday
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    1. I am running 1.5GHz without any major battery drain.
    2. Atleast 2 days for me, mostly used in evening
    3. ------
    4. I have no luck with Bionic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
    Hey yall. I just ordered a HP TP 16GB version.
    For the price, it was eaither the TP or a Blackberry Playbook. Due to me not owning a Blackberry, I decided to order the HP TP. So after a lot of reading, it seems the TP isnt that great out of the box, but there are a lot of software hacks/mods to fix this.....

1) What is the best speed the device runs at without killing battery?
    I assume you're talking overclocking here. I've run at 1.2, 1.5, and 1.7 with very little difference in battery life. I'm back on 1.2 for no particular reason. If you do overclock, you can check the battery draw through Govnah to see how different speeds draw on the battery.

2) About how long can you go with a single charge? I will be using mine for, notes in class, and youtube mostly. It will go with me everywhere.
    I was streaming music while working in the field one day, lasted the entire day (8+ hours). Depending on use I'd say you should get between 6-10 hours (obviously 10 hours with light use and 6 for heavy use, such as streaming videos).

3) I orderd the BT keyboard as well, is there any KNOW BT mouse thats works? Will the mouse when paired show a cursor on the screen?
    Can't help you here, as I have neither the BT keyboard nor tried to use a BT mouse. I can pair my BT GPS unit, for what that's worth.

4) Also, can I thether my Droid Bionic with the TP using an android app like "PDA.Net" or "Easy Thether"?
    Search the TouchPad forums, apparently it takes some work to use the TouchPad with an ad hoc wifi network. If Easy Tether does infrastructure networking then you should be fine.

Update, here's a thread with instructions to get ad hoc wifi working:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3159795

Im really excited and this is my first tablet. I didnt want an ipad (espically for the price) and this just seemed like a great deal. (not as good as $99 or course). Are most ppl happy with theirs arter modding/patching the software?

Thanks fo your time! MY TP should be here on Monday
    I believe most people are happy with them, a lot even before modding/patching. I've said it before - when you come to a forum you're going to run into a disproportionately high number of people that have had problems. This is actually good, because there's a good chance that if you have a problem or need an answer that it will already be addressed. This is bad because it could lead to the perception that the device is a piece of junk.

A word of advice - keep your eyes open for promo codes for apps. HP has been giving out a handful of these every week or so. They usually go pretty quickly. A bunch hit yesterday, and I downloaded all four apps available. Called my mom, and she only got two of the four. HP posts them on their offical webOS blog sometimes (twice before, but yesterday's were not there), and through email (although I'm pretty sure I didn't get the email). I saw yesterday's thanks to a post here at PreCentral. It seems like Friday is the day they'll be doing it.
    Last edited by MobileBill23; 09/24/2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Added link to relevant thread
    You will be surprised by how long this thing can run on one charge. Battery run time is very very good and I am running 1.5g

I would switch to a 32gb if I were you. Think about all the potential uses after you get the prewere installed and monkeying with dual boot etc etc, especially if you throw a few DVD movies in the thing. BTW, install touchplayer for sure. This little app can play virtually anything you throw at it.
    1 and 2. i havent really noticed a difference between battery life with different clock speeds. ive run stock, 1.5 GHz and 1.8GHz with 1.8 having both cores overclocked to 1.8 with the F4 kernel. ive been able to go around 6 hours with constant use mostly playing games. with light use, the battery has lasted me close to 3 days before.

3. the mouse pairs with the touchpad but you cant use it for anything. no cursor shows up and its greyed out in the bluetooth settings page. well i shouldnt say you cant use it for anything. i think you can use it if you want to install linux but i have no need to do that so ive never tried.

4. i can tether with my motorola atrix just fine but i have a custom rom that has it enabled in the settings. not too sure about how itd work with a stock rom.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenskinredeyez View Post
    You will be surprised by how long this thing can run on one charge. Battery run time is very very good and I am running 1.5g

I would switch to a 32gb if I were you. Think about all the potential uses after you get the prewere installed and monkeying with dual boot etc etc, especially if you throw a few DVD movies in the thing. BTW, install touchplayer for sure. This little app can play virtually anything you throw at it.
    yea, I would love to of gotten a 32GB but the onethe guy was selling was 16GB
    I mostly wont use it for movies because I usually watch a movie on Netflix on my phone if om out...
    Thanks for the fast replies!
  7.    #7  
    ALSO -what is the best way to overclock/install all these kernals and stuff??
    Will the "stick thread" have all the details to do what I need?
    Quote Originally Posted by SX4DUDE2013 View Post
    ALSO -what is the best way to overclock/install all these kernals and stuff??
    Will the "stick thread" have all the details to do what I need?
    I think this is the thread you mean, and yes, it either tells you how to overclock, or directs you to pages that guide you through overclocking. It's really pretty easy to do.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3085481

Good luck.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    I think this is the thread you mean, and yes, it either tells you how to overclock, or directs you to pages that guide you through overclocking. It's really pretty easy to do.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3085481

Good luck.
    Thanks so much!
    Monday after class looks like I be doing A LOT of messing with the new toy
    I really hope it works out and I enjoy it.