Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cclcal
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hi, I was hoping someone might b able to help me.

I have a 32gb touchpad and when I use it in portrait mode it seems to be constantly trying to flip between portrait and landscape. Very annoying when trying to read the internet.

My gf also has a tp but doesn't seem to have the same complaints. Is it just me or could it be a side effect of one of the patches I installed? Is there a patch I could install to fix it? Any help would be much appreciated as its one of the few annoyances I have with the device.

many thanks
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i think you can lock down the screen orientation
    TIP:
    To lock the screen orientation, press the top, right-hand corner, where the clock is & press Turn On Rotation Lock
    Mine stays locked in landscape mode 99% of the time.
    Mine is twitchy too. I have to use the screen lock to use it or else it drives me nuts. My iPad doesn't have that much of a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTJepson View Post
    Mine is twitchy too. I have to use the screen lock to use it or else it drives me nuts. My iPad doesn't have that much of a problem.
    mine is twitchy too. can't get it to stop going back and forth.
    having to lock screen is NOT a solution. Currently chatting w HP support
    rnolan1087 likes this.
    mine is twitchy too. can't get it to stop going back and forth.
    having to lock screen is NOT a solution. Currently chatting w HP support
    Are you asking the support tech to fix webOS or for a refund?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Come play with my Twitter.
    I have mine locked in landscape also. Not a big issue for me.
    Mine was 'twtchy' at 3.02. After update it is great. My guess is that 3.04 adjusted accelerometer which has proven good for some and not others.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Mine was 'twtchy' at 3.02. After update it is great. My guess is that 3.04 adjusted accelerometer which has proven good for some and not others.
    I noticed mine was much improved after the 3.04 update. Much more stable and usually only flips when I want it to
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I've got 3.0.4, and my Touchpad is still twitchy. It's so bad that I cannot get it to be in right-side-up portrait mode (with camera on top) at all, and can only get it in upside-down portrait with extreme difficulty and careful timing. Without proper portrait mode, this thing isn't much more useful to me than a brick, as it was supposed to be my portable library.

Seems like either or both of (A) an flaky accelerometer, or (B) poor software drivers. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed, or have I just wasted $200?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffq View Post
    I've got 3.0.4, and my Touchpad is still twitchy. It's so bad that I cannot get it to be in right-side-up portrait mode (with camera on top) at all, and can only get it in upside-down portrait with extreme difficulty and careful timing. Without proper portrait mode, this thing isn't much more useful to me than a brick, as it was supposed to be my portable library.

Seems like either or both of (A) an flaky accelerometer, or (B) poor software drivers. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed, or have I just wasted $200?
    Go into the tests and test your accelerometer, sounds like you have a bad one. I have had my TouchPad for 4 months and have not had the issues you describe on any version of the OS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...