Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Am a imported German Palm Pre- owner in Australia with a Palm Profile activated in Germany.

Buying apps on that Pre required me to 'borrow' the use of an EU credit card.

Now I'm looking to buy a TouchPad on Ebay in Australia (missed out on the firesale...which was very frustrating!)

Can I use my existing Profle from Germany (and hence get access to previously bought software)...or am I better off setting up a new profile in Australia so I can buy apps via Australian Visa in the app store here?

I guess it is either one choice or the other?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    when you first set it up, it asks what country...or maybe it was what language? (I forget)
    but, also, when making an account for touchpad, there was an option to migrate an existing palm account. I don't remember specifics b/c I didn't have a previous account. But maybe someone else can elaborate on it
    yes, you can use your existing profile.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, you can use your existing profile.
    Thanks very much for the replies...Just bought a Touchpad on ebay..

If I use my existing profile (which was setup in Germany) here in Australia will this mean I am still stuck in the German App Catalogue and thus locked out of the Australian app store? That would be a disaster! I really need access to Australian app store via Aussie Visa Card...but just would love to have access to previosly bought apps on old Pre profile.

Thanks very much for your help.
    not sure about that question, but how you like that Touchpad? Nice, right?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Well I just picked up my new Touchpad...chose Australia as my language at the start..then logged into my existing profile from the Palm Pre.

I've picked up all my old apps..which is great...but now I'm stuck in the German app catalog!! (With all prices in EU and only EU credit cards available.)

Now I'm stuck...don't want to re buy all my old apps...but do need Australian Visa...

What to do?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Check out this link. I think it will help you. Enjoy your new touchpad.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...therlands.html
    One word...

Impostah. <--- Look for it in Preware.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies...

also had these options suggested too...

You *can* backup your apps using Internalz Pro via Preware feeds & repackaging them

and...

I would turn off backups (to erase the backup on the server, but keeping the apps purchased), then do an erase apps and data, then try logging in again to that profile still choosing Australia.

Hmm...bit confused really..maybe the easiest is just erase everything...re purchase and write off the old profile and purchased apps...but shall look into these options...

...certainly don't want to do anything illegal
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    this may or may not help http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3054029
    (i didnt read the whole thing lol)