1.    #1  
    Newbie here so apologies if this has been asked before.

I passed through airport security twice today (Boston, MA and Amsterdam) and the TP went through the scanner with my carry-on luggage.

I got the TP out of it's sleeve some five hours later and there was an almost perfect circle in the centre of the screen about 1 inch in diameter. It looked like somone had drawn the circle with a soft black pencil. I rubbed it and nothing happened. I turned it on and the HP logo appeared in the same place as the ring and the 'pencil' ring vanished.

I assume the 'mark' was inside the TP and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I take my TP through security at least six times a week and have never had this, grab a picture if it happens again.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Was the TouchPad on when you weren't using it? Just wondering, my only thought would be that some reason it went into a boot cycle with the HP logo flashing that caused the temporary "screen burn in".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Was the TouchPad on when you weren't using it? Just wondering, my only thought would be that some reason it went into a boot cycle with the HP logo flashing that caused the temporary "screen burn in".
    I think it was completely off.