Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Time of birth: 3:30pm US Central. One minor complication, but didn't even need the doctor.

Pics to follow

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2011 at 11:48 PM.
    I see pandas.
  2.    #2  
    The stock 1.5 GHz processor speed on this is definitely nice.

Can't say that I'm too fond of the color, but heh, it's in a case so very little white is visible.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    The stock 1.5 GHz processor speed on this is definitely nice.

Can't say that I'm too fond of the color, but heh, it's in a case so very little white is visible.
    But I'm sure that white shows fewer finger prints than the black...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwalk40 View Post
    But I'm sure that white shows fewer finger prints than the black...
    could be? I've slipped them directly into the HP case right after opening and haven't taken them back out.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    is it glossy white?
  6.    #6  
    Oh, and FYI: the white is more of a pearl white
    I see pandas.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    is it glossy white?
    pic incoming, gimme a few minutes
    I see pandas.
  8.    #8  
    Here's a comparison of the PandaPad back to a stock plain white envelope and a stock black item.

Glossy? Yep
    I see pandas.
  9.    #9  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $HP$ $has$ $said$ $warranties$ $will$ $be$ $honored$, $so$ $all$ $HP$'$s$ $will$ $have$ $support$. $I$ $called$ $webOS$ $butler$ $service$, $they$ $were$ $very$ $helpful$

I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    whats the point in buying a 64 gb model when the app store is so lacking in content? you would have been better off getting a 32 gb version for 149... dont you think?
    if webOs gets discontinued theres always android or windows 8 down the road.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Um, I would LOVE a 64gb pandapad tee hee hee :-P .My poor 32gb TP is almost out of space, due to apps, movies and music. If Android is made to dual boot then the 64gb would be awesome for that alone, best of both worlds webOS and 'droid hahaha !

So jealous. I'd also love for it to be the 4g model for convenience sake. Anyways just my 2c. Peace.
    whats the point in buying a 64 gb model when the app store is so lacking in content? you would have been better off getting a 32 gb version for 149... dont you think?
    Apps not withstanding, you could load a 64 GB model up with a ton of movies and it becomes a very nice portable entertainment unit. I'd gladly trade my 16 GB model for either 64 or 32...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    Apps not withstanding, you could load a 64 GB model up with a ton of movies and it becomes a very nice portable entertainment unit. I'd gladly trade my 16 GB model for either 64 or 32...

i got my 32gb for 150... i wouldnt pay 599 for a 64gb one... thats 4x the price for 2x the storage.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post

music is more my preference, and 64 GB would be decent....really decent. I have a 32GB and I've changed out my music twice since I got it two months ago....Had it been available from the beginning, I probably would have gotten that one instead of the 32, but for now the 32's good enough.

@Marketpantry the 64GB is definitely not for app storage, but on the other hand, if you were to dual boot Ubuntu, or something else that isn't available at this time, then 64 would make that a lot easier, in that you're not worrying about cutting yourself short on one side or the other.

@PA nice haul you lucky dog!
    Last edited by sledge007; 09/24/2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    i got my 32gb for 150... i wouldnt pay 599 for a 64gb one... thats 4x the price for 2x the storage.
    Sounds like you are comparing the 32GB firesale price to the full list price of the 64GB... Not exactly a fair comparison. I wouldn't pay the original list price for the 32GB either!

I was lucky and picked up a 64GB TP at the firesale price of 159 (UK) so nothing like 4x the price of the 32GB model (115 UK). Currently using 46GB of storage space and planning to dual boot with cyanogenmod when it's released so I wouldn't describe it as pointless!
    Last edited by ns1959; 09/24/2011 at 06:26 AM.
    Simple solution: Don't buy one then.

from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  17.    #17  
    Honestly, the 32GB I pre-ordered at $599 and I was just fine with that price at that time. Now, I have a hard to find 64GB model for only $425. So, actually I ended up with more for less than I had originally.

Others were attracted to webOS mainly because of the firesale price and it's great they've been exposed to webOS that probably wouldn't have otherwise.

I see pandas.
    i am a proud daddy as well. I actually like showing it off without the case coz I'm so proud of it, the case is almost a distraction :-)
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    Got mine for $250 at Cost Central when they had them up. Loving it so far
    PrinceAlbert likes this.
    I'm really tempted to buy a second 32Gb TP for Android porting so I can leave the 32Gb I currently have webOS. I'm using almost exclusively for movies/music and 32Gb goes quick.

There was a 32Gb posted on CL for $260.00 the other day...decisions, decisions.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast