1.    #1  
    Hi guys, just spent a good week with my touchpad since it arrived. Yesterday i used skype for the first time and when I initiated the video call, I could see video but my friend couldn't see me. I thought it might just be a temp problem.

I then installed two free camera softwares from the market to troubleshoot and right now nothing.... I open the camera app and then there is just a blank screen. Not even black just a grey background.

Can someone suggest a solution to this problem. I have hacked and used Preware and installed patches and applications.

Thank you,
    Darshan
    As usual: did you reboot the device? Settings->Info->Reset options->restart
  3.    #3  
    OK i will try that. I just don't want to install everything back again, if I have to do a hard reset
    Quote Originally Posted by darshanpatelh View Post
    OK i will try that. I just don't want to install everything back again, if I have to do a hard reset
    This is just a restart, like you would restart windows.
    Nothing get's deleted.
    Don't press the red buttons.
  5.    #5  
    I tried the restart option and still nothing
    OK now we have a problem ;-)
    I thought there is a diagnose app for the cam but there isn't.
    Deviceinfos->Appmenu->Diagnose

If you have preware installed you could get Lumberjack to analyze some logfiles.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    If you do a doctor reset all your info and installed apps get remembered. (not patches though) but still its may be a LOT quicker to do a hard reset with the doctor, then find out the camera has no, then spend a week trying various other methods and ending up having to do a reset anyway
  8.    #8  
    what is the doctor reset. is it the one in device info and hard reset
    Quote Originally Posted by darshanpatelh View Post
    what is the doctor reset. is it the one in device info and hard reset
    The Doc will reset your device mostly to factory default.
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    I'm gonna go with the Doctor as well. Are you in 3.0.2, right? I've read reports of people with broken cam after the update
    mine doesnt work with skype either. wont turn on, works with camera
    Hey there,
    I am in the exact same boat as you, I have the 32GB model and was trying to do a video call from my TouchPad when I realized that I could not get any video from my TouchPad, even when I toggled the camera on and off it would just show a blank screen on my side. I then went and downloaded 2 camera apps only to find that all I can get is a blank grey screen, I have never got any error codes whatsoever which some other people experience when trying to use the camera, all I seem to get is that constant grey screen.
    So now I've not only doctored the unit twice, I have done multiple shut downs, reboots, wipes/full secure wipes, gave it a couple full recharges over night, reinstalled camera apps multiple times, even created a brand new WebOS account and reinstalled the camera apps and still no luck. I just cannot get the camera to turn on.
    So finally I got on the phone with HP and got them to ship me out a box for replacement but was pretty bummed to find out that my only option was to take a refurbished unit, I grudgingly said okay since I'd rather have a fully working TouchPad. So about a week later after sending mine in for repair I receive the package back from UPS only to find that they sent me back THE EXACT SAME TOUCHPAD WITH NO FIX WHATSOEVER, they didn't even try to repair the thing, kind of a slap in the face since I was told I would receive a perfect working Touchpad, and I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.
    Anyways I have coworkers that have the exact same model as me and all the cameras work just fine in Skype and the apps, which makes me think it is a hardware defect, but I know some others are saying it is just a software issue. But will WebOS ever be updated again to fix all these ridiculous bugs/issues?

I also posted this over on HP Touchpad Defective Camera? - Support Community if anyone wants to check it out.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the grey screen problem but now I don't know what the next step is, guess I'll call HP tomorrow and see why they didn't send me the fully working refurbished I was promised.

Anyone else have or find any fix for this or able to let me know if they got this problem worked out?
    Quote Originally Posted by web5ter View Post
    Hey there,
    I am in the exact same boat as you, I have the 32GB model and was trying to do a video call from my TouchPad when I realized that I could not get any video from my TouchPad, even when I toggled the camera on and off it would just show a blank screen on my side. I then went and downloaded 2 camera apps only to find that all I can get is a blank grey screen, I have never got any error codes whatsoever which some other people experience when trying to use the camera, all I seem to get is that constant grey screen.
    So now I've not only doctored the unit twice, I have done multiple shut downs, reboots, wipes/full secure wipes, gave it a couple full recharges over night, reinstalled camera apps multiple times, even created a brand new WebOS account and reinstalled the camera apps and still no luck. I just cannot get the camera to turn on.
    So finally I got on the phone with HP and got them to ship me out a box for replacement but was pretty bummed to find out that my only option was to take a refurbished unit, I grudgingly said okay since I'd rather have a fully working TouchPad. So about a week later after sending mine in for repair I receive the package back from UPS only to find that they sent me back THE EXACT SAME TOUCHPAD WITH NO FIX WHATSOEVER, they didn't even try to repair the thing, kind of a slap in the face since I was told I would receive a perfect working Touchpad, and I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.
    Anyways I have coworkers that have the exact same model as me and all the cameras work just fine in Skype and the apps, which makes me think it is a hardware defect, but I know some others are saying it is just a software issue. But will WebOS ever be updated again to fix all these ridiculous bugs/issues?

I also posted this over on HP Touchpad Defective Camera? - Support Community if anyone wants to check it out.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one with the grey screen problem but now I don't know what the next step is, guess I'll call HP tomorrow and see why they didn't send me the fully working refurbished I was promised.

Anyone else have or find any fix for this or able to let me know if they got this problem worked out?
    You are going to have to get an Advance replacement. It's defective. Same thing happen to me (sent back with no repair). I got an advance replacement setup after screaming at Customer Service for 2 hours (went to the top level support) and did it without the $49 charge and $365 credit card hold ($1 only). This was 11 days ago....finally got an email my replacement will be shipped tomorrow (was supposed to be 1-3 business days). Supposedly, there was an out of stock. We will see.....

This is why people buy iPads........The customer service from Apple is GREAT. Could have walked into an Apple had it exchange in 15 minutes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface View Post
    You are going to have to get an Advance replacement. It's defective. Same thing happen to me (sent back with no repair). I got an advance replacement setup after screaming at Customer Service for 2 hours (went to the top level support) and did it without the $49 charge and $365 credit card hold ($1 only). This was 11 days ago....finally got an email my replacement will be shipped tomorrow (was supposed to be 1-3 business days). Supposedly, there was an out of stock. We will see.....

This is why people buy iPads........The customer service from Apple is GREAT. Could have walked into an Apple had it exchange in 15 minutes....
    Thanks Mr. Scarface, saw you post on the other forums as well. Hope it works out for you, let me know on here if something else happens with the one they send back or if they actually did something about it this time. Going to give them a call back sometime this week and give them *****.