Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    No "that's what she said" comments please lol. But its true. Now I can feel it as I run my thumb over the bezel. Hmm. Lets hope it doesn't get worse. I really don't want to return it because I'm afraid I'll get one back with the cooler display.
  2. #2  
    Same story here. Crack is gone from the upper side of the speaker all the way to the display. Now it can't go further (I hope ;-)
    I used some "tesa" to fix it.
  3. thomaz's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #3  
    and the replacement cracks again
    and the rereplacement cracks again
    and the rerereplacement cracks again
    and the rererereplacement cracks again
    ...

    and now ?

    100% of all tps are affected !

    where is hps recall action where all bad cases are exchanged to good ones ?
  4. #4  
    only the $500 TP's don't come with cracks. $99 TP owners should rise up and burn down HP Headquarters and demand their monies worth.

    on that note, any of you crackheads want to part with your TP? I know at least 3 people who will take it off your hands for 200% more than paid on firesale. They said for $99 they could live with it. Happily.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    My crack's getting bigger

    No "that's what she said" comments please lol. But its true. Now I can feel it as I run my thumb over the bezel. Hmm. Lets hope it doesn't get worse. I really don't want to return it because I'm afraid I'll get one back with the cooler display.
    That'll happen when bend over that far! Sorry couldn't resist and technically not a "that's what she said" joke. I'll have to go check mine in the sun today to make sure my confidence that I don't have this issue isn't misplaced.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lideadhead View Post
    only the $500 TP's don't come with cracks. $99 TP owners should rise up and burn down HP Headquarters and demand their monies worth.

    on that note, any of you crackheads want to part with your TP? I know at least 3 people who will take it off your hands for 200% more than paid on firesale. They said for $99 they could live with it. Happily.
    200% more? OK, when I finally get mine back I'll sell you my 32Gb for $300 + additional $ for the case
  7. DizWhiz's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    #7  
    There won't be a recall it's a DEAD ITEM. Once they run out of refurbs that's it. Sorry to sound harsh but there are two rules to buying a version 1.0 or a "firesale clearance" item:

    1. There's bound to be issues. Look at Apple's track record on 1.0 releases. It's always buy at your own risk. I am speaking as a former MiniDISC owner and HD-DVD user.

    2. If you bought it at firesale you really shouldn't expect much. You paid next to nothing for this and KNEW it was a DEAD END piece of tech.

    If it really is a 100% failure rate on these things then I'll go out and buy some cotton swabs and super glue.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomaz View Post
    and the replacement cracks again
    and the rereplacement cracks again
    and the rerereplacement cracks again
    and the rererereplacement cracks again
    ...

    and now ?

    100% of all tps are affected !

    where is hps recall action where all bad cases are exchanged to good ones ?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    There won't be a recall it's a DEAD ITEM. Once they run out of refurbs that's it. Sorry to sound harsh but there are two rules to buying a version 1.0 or a "firesale clearance" item:

    1. There's bound to be issues. Look at Apple's track record on 1.0 releases. It's always buy at your own risk. I am speaking as a former MiniDISC owner and HD-DVD user.

    2. If you bought it at firesale you really shouldn't expect much. You paid next to nothing for this and KNEW it was a DEAD END piece of tech.
    Except it does have a 1 year warranty although I admit not knowing the details of what it covers.
  9. DizWhiz's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Except it does have a 1 year warranty although I admit not knowing the details of what it covers.
    No I understand that but my point is they aren't going to be making more parts/touchpads to cover repairs. All they'll do is receive yours and give you someone's they returned which will probably crack too.
  10.    #10  
    its now known as the Crackpad
    lukeaddison likes this.
  11. #11  
    Has anyone attempted to stop-drill the hairline crack(s) on the TP? The technique is an FAA approved method of dealing with non-structural hairline cracks in aircraft. I'm not suggesting anyone try the procedure;but, if anyone does attempt such a fix,it definitely would void their warranty and possibly ruin their TP.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Yes OP, you could have someone drill your crack for you?
    You go first and let me know how it turns out, I have other cracks to drill;-)
    GuyFromNam likes this.
  13. bable's Avatar
    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    #13  
    I just realized that with my skin on I'll never know if it cracks until it just disintegrates in my hand I think it was really cool how many replacement plans they gave out for people just expressing worry about getting a crack, I haven't gotten any free apps but getting the free protection plan makes up for it.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  14. #14  
    And that's not a good deal because?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    No I understand that but my point is they aren't going to be making more parts/touchpads to cover repairs. All they'll do is receive yours and give you someone's they returned which will probably crack too.
    They dang well better have some parts if needed to repair mine. I really don't care if they have a new one to send me, I doubt the warranty specifies they have to.
  16. #16  
    The crack and Leon are getting larger...

    Still not a "she said" joke...

  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    My crack's getting bigger
    Stop picking at it then!
  18. #18  
    Drilled out mine, and having no issues with them expanding. Bit of advice; use a sharp/new drillbit and fingers, not a powered drill. :-P

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
  19. #19  
    That's what she said. Sorry, couldn't resist.
  20. Redflea's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Drilled out mine, and having no issues with them expanding. Bit of advice; use a sharp/new drillbit and fingers, not a powered drill. :-P

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Pics or it didn't happen...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions