Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Um.....after reading this thread, am i supposed to be expecting a crack to show up on my TP?
    Its it happening to all of them and if not, which ones and why?
    And what to do if it does?

Not sure I like this thread ;-(
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I hadn't even looked at any of my 3 TPs I bought at Best Buy as the sale began. Mine has cracks moving up from both speakers and my kids as a crack from one. So far the wife's is the only one "crackless". All 3 have been in the HP case since they were first used. I guess I will see how this goes. Reminds me of my 2nd of 6 Palm Pre's that developed the USB crack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TimBoch; 10/05/2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Pics or it didn't happen...
    I like Communities, but need to now how to upload pics with it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    No "that's what she said" comments please lol. But its true. Now I can feel it as I run my thumb over the bezel. Hmm. Lets hope it doesn't get worse. I really don't want to return it because I'm afraid I'll get one back with the cooler display.
    Can anyone think of a context where a woman would suggestively say "my cracks getting bigger"?
    Can anyone say why they would *want* a woman to say that...Ever?

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Three TPs in the house for over a month and no cracks. I really wish you all would stop b*tching about this online and making everyone worry. I'd never have felt the slightest pang about my TP if not for all these "crack" and repair threads.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have the same problem
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    Three TPs in the house for over a month and no cracks. I really wish you all would stop b*tching about this online and making everyone worry. I'd never have felt the slightest pang about my TP if not for all these "crack" and repair threads.
    both my TP's have the cracks
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    my pre- did the same thing. Just used superglue and is held together. That's about all you can do. Put a skin on it and be done. We all know hp is not going to care about it, if it doesn't affect the performance.
    when I get mine back I think I'm going to superglue some reinforcement strips across the speaker hole so I don't get cracks again.
    I smeared some small drops of superglue in the cracks and that stopped them from expanding.. I don't even notice them anymore.. Luckily I got reimbursed for my once €500+ TP...
    Same problem here - just chatting to HP Palm Care now about it.

They've said it's a warranty situation and for me to send photos in the first instance.

It's a 32GB TouchPad that I managed to get in the firesale over here in the UK.
    Most recent phones have included HTC Touch Dual (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > Samsung Omnia (WinMo 6.1 - 6.5) > HTC Hero (Android 1.5 - 2.1) > HTC Desire Android (2.1 - 2.3) > HTC Desire HD (2.2.1 - 2.3.3).

New: HP Touchpad 32GB (Possibly selling after it comes back from repair - contact me)
    New: HP Pre3 (Selling - contact me)
    New: Samsung Galaxy S II (Android 2.3.5)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12