View Poll Results: The Repair Center

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sent it back better than before (fully repaired)

20 37.74%
  • Sent it back same as before (totally unrepaired)

13 24.53%
  • Sent a replacement device in exchange with no problems whatsoever!

6 11.32%
  • Sent a replacement device in exchange that's also defective - WTH?

14 26.42%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    And...
    Last edited by sanjuro; 09/23/2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added Poll
    ?

oh, you have added your poll now..
    Last edited by smell; 09/23/2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: ..
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    And...

It's been 3 weeks and still no touchpad. I was told that there is a backlog in repair and they have absolutely no idea when they will get to it.

But...I was told that they care and will get it repaired....sometime....in the future....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bverdon View Post
    It's been 3 weeks and still no touchpad.
    Yikes. Two weeks here.
    Order Date: 8/26/2011

Product: HP TouchPad, US, 16G, 1.2GHz, WiFi (Retail)
    Current Status: Pending
    Sub Type: Repair/Return - w Box

Est. Delivery Date: 9/20/2011
    Shipping Carrier:
    Airbill #:
    Status As Of: 9/6/2011 01:36:51 PM

I called and they said they have no idea when I'll 'actually' get it back.
    Product: HP TouchPad, US, 32G, 1.2GHz, WiFi (Retail)
    Current Status: Waiting for Device
    Sub Type: Repair/Return - w Box Fast

Est. Delivery Date: 9/30/2011
    Shipping Carrier:
    Airbill #:
    Status As Of: 9/17/2011 03:32:31 AM

The guy told me that it would only take 5-7 days for me to recieve my "fixed" touchpad. I hope he is right....
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ugh...
    I sent mine back and they received it yesterday (according to the tracking info)
    I was told it would take a max of 10 business for it to be repaired and sent back. If it's more than that i am gonna be pretty annoyed...

Oh well, nothing i can do about it i guess, but hoping it doesnt take longer than the ten days i was promised.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    Yikes. Two weeks here.
    This is why I just accepted the fact that the accelerometer in my TP doesn't work. I refuse to play this kind of waiting game.
    It's been 6 days since i initiated my second advanced replacement, still no tracking number today.
    Good luck to the people with repaired touchpads, i hear they have a lot less problems than the AR's refurbs.
    How about, "sent it back but they didn't repair everything and device as a whole is now worse."

I actually sent back the one they fixed because they did not fix the screen, only the case, and the screen was worse--lots of flex too it which caused artifacts if pressed firmly. They are supposed to send me another one that has been "hands on checked" to ensure everything is perfect. . . will see how that goes.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Just out of curiousity, how often do they update the status?

For instance, mine still says "waiting for device" even though the tracking information shows it was delivered and signed for yesterday morning.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    For all you that are waiting for yours to be repaired.
    Mine was unrepairable and it was basically stuck in limbo. No one knew anything about it other than "it's taking longer than usual".

I basically sent mine in on Aug. 29th and just got it back a few days ago. Sept. 20th.
    Be patient. If it's longer than 10 days, they'll put you on the "hot list" and a HP admin will contact you.

I was contacted one night, and a TP at my door the next. They replaced it.
    It seems like they're waiting for replacement devices to be shipped to them.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturos View Post
    Just out of curiousity, how often do they update the status?
    In my case, never. I just called for an update and was given a new SRO# and told I should receive a "replacement device" next week.
    After a week with no tracking number for Advance replacement I just called them today. They said they didn't know why it was taking so long but that they would put me on "Top Priority." Gonna take that with a grain of salt.
    Mines been there since last wed. Not sure what to do at this point cause I'm not going to just wait around for 3-4 weeks only to find that my tp isn't repaired. Maybe I'll just tell them to send me a refurb since they don't seem to do much repairing at the repair center.

Oh and my 'status' was updated last thurs to pending. hasn't changed since.
    I sent mine in to be repaired on 9/7. Yesterday when I called in they put it on the "hot list" which is supposed to expedite the repair & return to me. I'm not holding my breath.

And they don't update the status of the repair at all.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowofbob View Post
    After a week with no tracking number for Advance replacement I just called them today. They said they didn't know why it was taking so long but that they would put me on "Top Priority." Gonna take that with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbkf View Post
    I sent mine in to be repaired on 9/7. Yesterday when I called in they put it on the "hot list" which is supposed to expedite the repair & return to me. I'm not holding my breath.

And they don't update the status of the repair at all.
    The "Hot List" is real.
    They will call you whenever there is an update.
    Twice I had a private number call me giving me an update.

It seems that they're waiting on TP's to be able to send them out.
    Chill out fellas.
  18.    #18  
    @mbudden Did your replacement ship from TRC in El Paso?
    Well, I'd prefer to have a replacement instead of repair!
    From AU,
    Replacement was brand new, none of this refurb stuff you US guys are getting.

Build qauility MUCH better, no screen lift, no depressed Home button and no cracks (my last TP had all of these).
    icecreammm likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast