View Poll Results: The Repair Center

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sent it back better than before (fully repaired)

20 37.74%
  • Sent it back same as before (totally unrepaired)

13 24.53%
  • Sent a replacement device in exchange with no problems whatsoever!

6 11.32%
  • Sent a replacement device in exchange that's also defective - WTH?

14 26.42%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Sent mine in last Mon, they recieved it on wed the 21st, called this morning and its still in the repair warehouse, prob not even looked out. My screen was flickering grey and couldnt do anything. I assumed it would be 7-10 days, but now after reading this im worried. I guess we'll get ours "in the coming months"
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Such little patience from people on this forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Such little patience from people on this forum...
    Yea I sent mine in for a defective camera after trying every single step to get it working, was promised a fully refurbished for my troubles, and they sent me back my exact model with no fix whatsoever, and I know I'm not the only one this has happened to.
    What a slap in the face, this better be a software issue on certain units or this is just the worst customer service I have ever experienced..I work in retail which sells tons of HP products and I will probably never recommend any HP products whatsoever.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    I can confirm the warehouse in el Paso is extremely overworked and backed up.
    You'll be pleased to know that the repair center is back to working at full speed! At least that's what I was told when I called for a status check. The agent said they've had some problems at the El Paso facility that should be all cleared up now. Is El Paso the only repair center in North America? LOL, still waiting to vote in my own poll.
    I hope so... from now on I will do advance exchange.
    I was going to bother them again tonight but I just don't have the energy.
    Sent mine in 9 days ago, got the replacement today.
    Not going to double post but just came back to vote in the poll. Got my tp back fully repaired 15 days after sending it in. Did not receive any email letting me know it was coming...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I sent mine off Friday, it arrived in Hungary on the Monday, it is back in my hands on the Wednesday fully repaired. It is definitely the same device (tiny bit of fluff poking out the bezel, still there) and it is working (it was totally dead when I sent it off).

2 Days turnaround back in my hands, amazing!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    They received mine on the 22nd, and i got an email last night with tracking info that it is on it's way back to me. So it only took them 5 days to get mine done...

of course, i don't know yet if they actually fixed it or not, but am hopeful.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Sent my wife's out and know that they received it via tracking the shipper. However, two days later they still have the status as "Waiting for device". Must be a big building.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    what is the link to check for repair status? I can't find it anywhere.
    I sent my TP to the repair center on 9/7, they received on 9/9. On 9/22 I called and was told that it was being put on the "hot list". On 9/26 I called and again was told it was being put on the "hot list" and that I would get a call in 24-48 hours on the status of the repair. No one called me. Today I called and again was told it would be put on the "hot list" and I would get a call in 24-48 hours blah, blah, blah. I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me the same thing and that the repair center doesn't have enough parts and there is no ETA when my TP will be fixed. I asked about them replacing it since it was taking so long for them to repair it and was told that would take another month. So I'll call in again in 2 days to see if anything is changed. So frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbkf View Post
    I sent my TP to the repair center on 9/7, they received on 9/9. On 9/22 I called and was told that it was being put on the "hot list". On 9/26 I called and again was told it was being put on the "hot list" and that I would get a call in 24-48 hours on the status of the repair. No one called me. Today I called and again was told it would be put on the "hot list" and I would get a call in 24-48 hours blah, blah, blah. I asked to speak to a supervisor who told me the same thing and that the repair center doesn't have enough parts and there is no ETA when my TP will be fixed. I asked about them replacing it since it was taking so long for them to repair it and was told that would take another month. So I'll call in again in 2 days to see if anything is changed. So frustrated.
    What did you send yours in for?
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    what is the link to check for repair status? I can't find it anywhere.
    Palm Self Service
    My TP wouldn't turn on or charge; there was a battery with a question mark on the screen.
    Originially posted this on OCN:

A little update on my TP escapades: I was supposed to have received an advance replacement unit for the original TP I sent to be repaired for the lifting glass issue but had nothing done to it, on the 21st, but it didn't come (as well as the temporary authorization being dropped on my cc). I contacted HP on Saturday via chat and they told me they couldn't tell me anything via chat or email, so I decided to camp it out until Monday and see if the UPS guy showed up. No show. So, I called them up with the number I was given and was told they out a hold on my order because they ran out of stock and couldn't fulfill the order. I've apparently been put on a hot list to be sent a new unit from the next production batch (so they say, my money is on a refurbished, which I was supposed to have gotten anyway) and have to call back in 48 hours for a status update. Talk about a run-around. At least they dropped the $365 authorization on my cc in the mean time...
    I called them today and they told me they should have more by the end of the week or early next week.
    I received my return box today, but after reading some of the stories in this thread I'm hesitant to send my TP in, haha. Mine has a crack on the top speaker all the way through the plastic (you can lift the piece with your fingernail), and the glass flexes inward pretty far between the two speakers (you can feel it sink in and sort of "click" whenever you pick it up or hold it in that area). I think I'm gonna mull it over through the weekend, I'd hate to get a replacement in worse shape.
    received AP...finally after 13 days.......working camera....finally
    I got a friend who sent his in on August 29th and still doesn't have it back. They have sent him a free bluetooth keyboard and case to make him happy.

Yesterday he called again and asked what was taking so long and they said... and I quote.... "There was life before the Touchpad and there will be life after the Touchpad".
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Is there a link to track the repair status?
    EDIT
    Found this link, not sure if it's well known but here is where you can check your repair status:
    http://kan.gd/166d
    Last name is case sensitive.
    Last edited by Joe_T; 09/29/2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Found link
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast