View Poll Results: The Repair Center

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sent it back better than before (fully repaired)

20 37.74%
  • Sent it back same as before (totally unrepaired)

13 24.53%
  • Sent a replacement device in exchange with no problems whatsoever!

6 11.32%
  • Sent a replacement device in exchange that's also defective - WTH?

14 26.42%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    @mbudden Did your replacement ship from TRC in El Paso?
    Correct. Which leads me to believe that they were waiting for devices to arrive so they could ship out replacement devices to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbkf View Post
    Well, I'd prefer to have a replacement instead of repair!
    You can't really dictate that. If they're able to repair your device, then why would they give you a replacement? Not to mention, you're saying you'd want a most likely, refurbed replacement device?

Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    From AU,
    Replacement was brand new, none of this refurb stuff you US guys are getting.

Build qauility MUCH better, no screen lift, no depressed Home button and no cracks (my last TP had all of these).
    Mine is of better quality then the one I had sent off. Though the volume key is just as stubborn. But it seems this isn't just a single user issue. I have read other people having the same issue.
    I can confirm the warehouse in el Paso is extremely overworked and backed up. I'm currently waiting for my 2nd advanced replacement tp to ship. I have been moved up the queue through the HP webOS corporate support team. Don't do repairs, just do advanced exchange and have a manager wave the fee. If you use a debit card, you can negotiate with how much they can hold on your card..this is all coming from the corporate support team, also if you do more than one advanced exchange, they can only put $1 on hold legally(so says Joe from webOS corporate support)..

and since they added another 180 on holds on AND didn't even tell me they are supposed to work with you when they put holds on debit cards (because it actually depletes the account for the time being), I was offered the 2 year extended warranty for $50 off.

just keep pressuring the support staff, they will go above and beyond for an angry, belligerent customer trust me...I was pretty mad when I got my second touchpad with a major defect. If anyone would like more clarification on the issue or have questions for corporate let me know and I will ask Monday.
    Last edited by gregcky; 09/24/2011 at 12:01 AM.
    I realize I can't dictate whether mine is repaired or replaced - I just want one that works. There were others that experienced the same problem that I did, and I have no idea if it is repairable or not.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Not to mention, you're saying you'd want a most likely, refurbed replacement device?
    Since all repaired and replacement devices come from TRC, it seems like one person's refurb could possibly be another person's repair. I don't know how TRC replenishes stock; but I doubt B&M store returns account for much since most did not accept fire sale returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by PainToad View Post
    From AU,
    Replacement was brand new, none of this refurb stuff you US guys are getting.

Build qauility MUCH better, no screen lift, no depressed Home button and no cracks (my last TP had all of these).
    Good for you. Mine had all those same issues as yours and worse when returned from El Paso, TX after being "fixed."

I really think one of the reasons for such a low price during the fire sale was because they knew about all these issues. Think about it, $200 & $250 would have been a more "normal" fire sale price for a device that has a build quality of a $500 device, not $100 to $150, and they would have sold out rather quickly at those prices. . . if it has a high quality product.

I've had HP products for decades and my Dad has had them for as long as I can remember--some of his HP stuff goes back to the 60's and is still working perfectly. Sad to see how bad quality has gotten these days from a company that was known for such high quality for decades. I guess that's what you get when everything is outsourced.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcky View Post
    just keep pressuring the support staff, they will go above and beyond for an angry, belligerent customer trust me...I was pretty mad when I got my second touchpad with a major defect. If anyone would like more clarification on the issue or have questions for corporate let me know and I will ask Monday.
    TBH, I didn't get angry with them and they escalated my issue just because they saw that my repair was taking too long. No need to get angry with the CS reps. It ain't their fault, so no need to vent frustration at them.
    C.Bledsoejr likes this.
    I got mine back and the cracks are gone but the screen lift is still pretty bad even though I left a sticky note. A bit frustrating but for the price I'm okay with it. Although now my gf has to send hers in. We got our TPs from two different locations. My mom's also has a bit of screen lift. The build quality of these TPs are weak.
    What was wrong with yours?
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Bledsoejr View Post
    I got mine back and the cracks are gone but the screen lift is still pretty bad even though I left a sticky note. A bit frustrating but for the price I'm okay with it. Although now my gf has to send hers in. We got our TPs from two different locations. My mom's also has a bit of screen lift. The build quality of these TPs are weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    What was wrong with yours?
    I highlighted what he mentioned in his post.
    Order Date: 9/16/2011
    Product: HP TouchPad, US, 32G, 1.2GHz, WiFi (Retail)
    Current Status: Pending
    Sub Type: Repair/Return - w Box Fast

Est. Delivery Date: 10/7/2011
    Shipping Carrier:
    Airbill #:
    Status As Of: 9/23/2011 05:36:42 PM

Now i got this....they extended my estimated delivery time by a whole week! I am so disappointed=(
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by imaangry View Post
    Sub Type: Repair/Return - w Box Fast
    Was the "fast" option offered when you called the first time? Or were you upgraded to fast after waiting past 10+ days? Does "pending" mean pending repair? or pending shipment?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    About a month ago a speaker on my touchpad blew out. I was sent an empty box and i sent off to el paso for repairs. Roughly 8 days later I received my box back with the same identical TP, unfixed.

I then got on the phone with HP, got a supervisor on the line and really tore the poor lady a new one. After being put on a hold a few times I was told that a brand new TP would be on its way to my house and to put the broken one in the box and send it off to el paso with supplied labels.

I received my brand new touchpad the next day via next day air.

Moral of the story is that you have to be rough with these people if you want something done, dont feel bad about being a ******...its their job. They supplied a bad product, it is their responsibility to honor their products.
    Quote Originally Posted by joegti10 View Post
    Moral of the story is that you have to be rough with these people if you want something done, dont feel bad about being a ******...its their job. They supplied a bad product, it is their responsibility to honor their products.
    I don't think in their job description says "TAKE **** from customers". I've always gotten what I wanted by being nice. If your upset, just say "I'm truly disappointed, that etc, etc happened. Can you help me please or get me in touch with someone who can?" They usually bend over backwards for me after that. But to each their own, whatever gets them the result they want. Just remember what it's like on the receiving end. Get your food spit on much?
    I just sent mine back this past Friday for a blown speaker. Hopefully they actually repair it and send it back in good condition.

My Touchpad was perfect otherwise.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Just ask yourself what you would do if some guy was bring a jerk on the other end of the phone. personally,I would make it my mission to screw that kind of person over.

Being nice but firm is the way to go in my book.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Not the way to go about things. Sure, that's a way to get what you want.
    But in the end, you were an *** hole to someone that had no control over the situation.
    There is no need to be an *** to CS reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro View Post
    Was the "fast" option offered when you called the first time? Or were you upgraded to fast after waiting past 10+ days? Does "pending" mean pending repair? or pending shipment?
    yes they offered me the fast option and they said they "waived" the fee for it. I dont know what pending means, since there wasn't a description for it. It was waiting for box first and then i was supposed to turn into "In repair". It has been around 10 days so the "fast" option isn't as fast as they promised.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imaangry View Post
    yes they offered me the fast option and they said they "waived" the fee for it. I dont know what pending means, since there wasn't a description for it. It was waiting for box first and then i was supposed to turn into "In repair". It has been around 10 days so the "fast" option isn't as fast as they promised.
    Call them up. Talk to them, tell them it has been 10 days. They'll throw you on the "hot list".
    Like I mentioned before, it seems that they're backlogged and waiting for replacement devices to send to people.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
    Call them up. Talk to them, tell them it has been 10 days. They'll throw you on the "hot list".
    Like I mentioned before, it seems that they're backlogged and waiting for replacement devices to send to people.

Hmn...they called me after a left a poor survey for them. I told them it has been over 10 business days since the day they got it. I was pretty much told that even though my tracking no shows they received the TP on a certain day, doesn't necessarily mean the clock starts ticking regarding the 10 days (since I was told it would be 7 to 10 business days for me to receive the repaired/replaced TP). Nobody ever mentioned a hot list.

All I was told was to call back one week from that day to see where they are with things.

how nice...
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm waiting on advanced exchange #3. The original TP had a wierd colored screen and would not charge on the TP. Second had dust under the screen and a dead pixel, third so far has dust and major cracks. I was suppposed to get my 4th unit last week, but it never came. HP said they have no idea what's going on, but placed me on the hot list. Was supposed to get a call from them, but still have yet to hear any updates on my case.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast