Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    I really need to be able to chat on Facebook or MSN but I am unable to do it because both websites don't work on this browser. I was hoping to do it on the hotmail site and the facebook site and both are a no go. And seeing that there is no app for this we're kinda screwed.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    you talk on facebook via the facebook app, when you sync your account, on the left pane (you might have to drag it open), go to messages, find your messages that synced over or create a new one. FB integrated chat and messages all into one, so if you leave a message to someone whos "online" for chat, it they get it then they respond.. its all in messages now.

as for msn/live, there is no synergy account or messaging integration to work on tp yet =/ think there was a paid app that had all the major ones, IM+ i think, thats been on all platforms since java carousel days. or agile messenger but those are too much.

EDIT: checked catalog, looks like both apps arent Tp scalled, and im+ doesnt have fb but has msn, and agile is broken via reviews, ive been lookin for microsoft or someone to put windows live through synergy, any know how we can request?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by h2o826 View Post
    you talk on facebook via the facebook app, when you sync your account, on the left pane (you might have to drag it open), go to messages, find your messages that synced over or create a new one. FB integrated chat and messages all into one, so if you leave a message to someone whos "online" for chat, it they get it then they respond.. its all in messages now.

as for msn/live, there is no synergy account or messaging integration to work on tp yet =/ think there was a paid app that had all the major ones, IM+ i think, thats been on all platforms since java carousel days. or agile messenger but those are too much.

EDIT: checked catalog, looks like both apps arent Tp scalled, and im+ doesnt have fb but has msn, and agile is broken via reviews, ive been lookin for microsoft or someone to put windows live through synergy, any know how we can request?
    to be honest, I'd be happy just chatting in the browser but even the hotmail website doesn't work. As for FB, I understand what you are saying about messages but that's not really chatting because you have no idea who is online or not and I will be shown as offline. There are no apps out there. So basically there is no way to chat on msn or facebook and that's a shame.
    Last edited by Ohmytvc15; 09/24/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Developers...FB CHAT in Synergy is what we all want! We'll pay for it. Just bring it to us!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    Developers...FB CHAT in Synergy is what we all want! We'll pay for it. Just bring it to us!
    I'll be using an android port by the time that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    I really need to be able to chat on Facebook or MSN but I am unable to do it because both websites don't work on this browser. I was hoping to do it on the hotmail site and the facebook site and both are a no go. And seeing that there is no app for this we're kinda screwed.

Someone posted this a while ago, I added it to my bookmarks. Works like a champ, just got a message back and the tab header let me know.

pop out facebook chat works AMAZING on the TP.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    Someone posted this a while ago, I added it to my bookmarks. Works like a champ, just got a message back and the tab header let me know.

ah, thanks very much for that. Need to put this over on tips and tricks.
    Messaging Plug Ins
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...ml#post2914013
    they work for me xD
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleon View Post
    Messaging Plug Ins
    they work for me xD
    I'm a little stupid. How do I download that link? I hit download link but I don't know where it stores it. I don't see it in the download folder.
    Do the 2.x messaging plug ins work on the TP ok with 3.0.2? That would be awesome.
    Ebuddy is messed up on the touchpad. You can't touch open up a chat with anyone, they have to initiate the conversation.
    Search for IM+ on the app store. It works for msn messenger. The downside is it's not HD so it's the virtual phone that only works in Portrait.
    Last edited by Pestilence11; 09/26/2011 at 03:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elleon View Post
    Messaging Plug Ins
    they work for me xD
    has n e one else tried those and see if they work fine on tp 3,02?

gotta love web based is that runs the browser based chat. Its a shame devs don't use synergy much, one of greatest webOS features. Need Microsoft on board w/this one for live/hotmail/msn chat.

ed: to clarify how the fb messaging works, now that your using the web-based chat, that should sync so if u go to tp fb app or site on pc, to view your history its all under messaging. If your logged into fb it will always show you as online. U just can't see if others r online but you send them a message they will get it either way.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post

not any more ... As of two days ago FB disabled popout chat.
    Vistaus likes this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    Ebuddy is messed up on the touchpad. You can't touch open up a chat with anyone, they have to initiate the conversation.
    Same thing with Trillian .. To bad because otherwise seems to work fine.
    Built in FB chat lags the hell out of my TP since i have 105 unread.
    The Synergy messaging plugin isnt quite yet working properly/compatible with the TP. NuttyBunny I think is going to work on at some point and will hopefully get it working on the TP.

Part of the problem as to why we don't have facebook,msn, etc is because Palms documentation is severely lacking on synergy thus its nearly impossible to figure out.

The best solution I have found if you want facebook & msn/live right now on webos is to install UbuntuChroot with XDE or a similar desktop environment and install pidgin.
    Another method is to use meebo.com there is an option to sign in to individual accounts so you dont have to register at meebo, that way I wa able to use msn and facebook chat, the interface is good and runs reasonably well on the browser
    But Meebo doesn't let you open chats, just like Ebuddy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast