Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  • 1 Post By sketch42
  1.    #1  
    How do i backup so that if I lose my touchpad I can have all my info back...program list/setup....browser book marks...ect?
    Some of that like contacts and programs are already backed up... but for other stuff you might want to check on Save/Restore by webos internals.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3.    #3  
    So that is to say that hp doesn't automatically pull my bookmarks off the browser and store them for me somewhere?
    HP does store the bookmarks, I would suggest not trusting the HP/Palm profile backup for any information you really want to keep.

With that said, I have done multiple profile logins and device resets in the recent months and have had everything restored. Including going from a Pre to Veer to Pre2 on one profile, and another between Pre and Veer multiple times, then adding that profile to a TouchPad.

With all that said, many folks have lost data with the profiles so it is generally suggested to find other ways to backup your info as well. Also your profile doesn't save local app information (game saves, database for non HP/Palm apps). Personally my calendar and contacts are all in google, I still have some things in memos but nothing important, anything important goes into notes (on phones) which syncs with google docs and I haven't done much doc editing on the TP, but of course I am synced with google docs there as well.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    Hi. Thanks for responding. Can you suggest a backup solution in that case?
    Sorry forgot to add. I use Save/Restore, haven't checked recently to see how the TouchPad support is coming along with all the TouchPad only apps, but it has worked great for the wife and I on our phones.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    As a newbee where is Save/Restore ? Thanks
    You have to have PreWare installed since it is homebrew.

Also check this article that was just posted on the front page, for backing up your calendar and contacts.
    Chapura updates PocketMirror for TouchPad; Syncs Calendar, Contacts and more with desktop | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    NorbB likes this.
    Here is the Save/Restore thread that will give you an overview of the app and hopefully all the info you need.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html

(sorry it took so long to post, got pulled away to handle a couple things)
    Take a look at my signature for an easy how to use save restore

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Ohhh I should add, some (maybe most) apps won't restore until they have been started once. So if something isn't restored on first boot, go back to save/restore and attempt to restore again. I know this is true for most games I have restored.