View Poll Results: Anyone think it's absurd that Touchpad is the only tablet OS unable to read SD cards?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

44 38.60%
  • NO

70 61.40%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes
    most pointless post ever
    I don't own a SD card so no, I don't think it is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzeho View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html

Might wanna have a look at that.

Just for the record, a hardware solution for connecting SD cards (currently, it'll probably get easier later on when someone gets VBUS boosting and we bother to get some auto mounting scripts) can be as small as an Atloids tin. A usb backup battery, a y cable and a usb->sd card reader will suffice ($9-10 on Amazon/Dealextreme).
    I found that thread too, yesterday, and have been following it with interest. It's a bit Heath Robinson at the moment, particularly with having to mount the drives manually, as you say, but looks promising.

If it can be boiled down to "buy these exact components and install this patch from Preware" it could be very useful.

Spyke
    Quote Originally Posted by kevind123 View Post
    Why does everyone love the iPad 2 so much? I've been using an iPhone for 4 years so when the iPad came out I thought it was so boring, being exactly like the iPhone. At least on android you can get different ROMs or UIs, with the iPad and iPhone it's like they're exactly the same.
    I have both the iPad2 (64GB wifi & 3G) and the HP TP (16GB). The iPad was considerably more expensive. Whilst I like both machines, if I could only keep one, it wouldn't be the TP. I had an Asus Transformer briefly - lovely machine, but at full price, there was nothing to do on it. Sent it back.

My iPad is slimmer, more ergonomic, better build quality, a few more apps(!) and above all, I get my daily newspaper on it - not possible on the TP.

I bought the TP in the firesale as a bit of a "hobby" - I'd never have paid full price for it !

So thats why i love the ipad so much. Acutally, I love 'em both, but for different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpetey View Post
    I have both the iPad2 (64GB wifi & 3G) and the HP TP (16GB). The iPad was considerably more expensive. Whilst I like both machines, if I could only keep one, it wouldn't be the TP. I had an Asus Transformer briefly - lovely machine, but at full price, there was nothing to do on it. Sent it back.

My iPad is slimmer, more ergonomic, better build quality, a few more apps(!) and above all, I get my daily newspaper on it - not possible on the TP.

I bought the TP in the firesale as a bit of a "hobby" - I'd never have paid full price for it !

So thats why i love the ipad so much. Acutally, I love 'em both, but for different reasons.
    So what do you love about the TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyke View Post
    If it can be boiled down to "buy these exact components and install this patch from Preware" it could be very useful.

Spyke
    I'd probably do such a thing, but I'd rather wait another couple weeks to see if anyone finds a way to do it without the workarounds. Hell I've even got hope HP's next update will bring OTG.

I will say again though, that it isn't as hard as it sounds.
    on a trip now and downloaded from sd card 2 days in a row, beats carrying a laptop
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    So what do you love about the TP?
    Without a doubt, my top 2 face things about the touchpad are:

2- Cards - what a great idea - every time I use my iPad I try to close the app by swiping up!

1- Touchstone - a brilliant idea - I'll wager that at Apple's hq at Cupertino they wish they'd had that brainwave first!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123