View Poll Results: Is your screen separating from the bezel?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - it is flush all around

9 52.94%
  • Yes - it is separating near the power button (bottom edge)

1 5.88%
  • Yes - it is separating on one of the other edges (not the bottom edge)

7 41.18%
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Just trying to get a sense of how many people are having issues with the screen/glass separating from their touchpad's bezel. I sent mine in to get it fixed and it came back in the same condition it was when I shipped it.

My glass is separated on the speaker side (left side in portrait orientation), far enough that you can slip a credit card between the glass and the rubber gasket.
    My 16G unit didn't have it but the 32GB has it noticeably by the action button and perhaps one of the other edges too. Unfortunately, this was not a $149 unit.
    Mine is on the speaker side. The gap is big enough to slide a business card between the case and the glass. I have tried some light force to see if anything pops in/back etc, etc but it feels very solid. I think its poor manufacture/fit of parts but its hardly visible and I intend to ignore it for now.
    Last edited by Techy; 09/23/2011 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Mine is on the speaker side. The gap is big enough to slide a business card between the case and the glass. I have tried some light force to see if anything pops in/back etc, etc but it feels very solid. I think its poor manufacture/fit of parts but its hardly visible and I intend to ignore it for now.

Same here. Im on here searching for a resolution, anyone have luck fixing it or is it better to ignore and live with it?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cruelpupet View Post
    Same here. Im on here searching for a resolution, anyone have luck fixing it or is it better to ignore and live with it?
    I am just living with it.

I sent it in and it came back looking no different. I also had to spend an hour on the phone with their customer care team to get them to even accept it for "repair". They said this sort of thing wasn't covered because there was no way that they would send out a product with a defect like this, so whoever sold it to me was at fault (in this case - QVC).

Complete waste of time, in my opinion. It just bugs me that it feels strange in my hands, and it just looks bad...
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
    Just trying to get a sense of how many people are having issues with the screen/glass separating from their touchpad's bezel. I sent mine in to get it fixed and it came back in the same condition it was when I shipped it.

My glass is separated on the speaker side (left side in portrait orientation), far enough that you can slip a credit card between the glass and the rubber gasket.
    I just got mines back today with the same issue from HP Repair. Its still has the same screen problem. I sent it over a week ago and came back with the same screen problem. ***! Did they even fix or repair the screen????