1.    #1  
    I just visited my mortgage company's website and tried to view the monthly statement which is a PDF file. When I click on the file, the browser opens another v
    card and acts like its downloading the file. But when I click "open", I get the dreaded "can't view mime type" msg.

I can see the file in the download folder but it's 0 bytes and can't be opened.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Some people have said that this problem is caused by the touchpad not knowing what extension to download it as and so you can't open it, and thus to use Gemini something to change the extension to pdf to be able to use it, I haven't tried that yet, but personally, if I download the pdf on my laptop and transfer it using a usb it works just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I just visited my mortgage company's website and tried to view the monthly statement which is a PDF file. When I click on the file, the browser opens another v
    card and acts like its downloading the file. But when I click "open", I get the dreaded "can't view mime type" msg.

I can see the file in the download folder but it's 0 bytes and can't be opened.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks.
    Check out this thread...http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...red-sites.html It has helped me with a site I was having problems with downloading files from.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoman757 View Post
    Some people have said that this problem is caused by the touchpad not knowing what extension to download it as and so you can't open it, and thus to use Gemini something to change the extension to pdf to be able to use it, I haven't tried that yet, but personally, if I download the pdf on my laptop and transfer it using a usb it works just fine.
    thanks for reply. I can download pdf in my laptop but it defeats the purpose of using TP as primary browsing device.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    You can download internalz pro from preware or webOS quickinstall. This will let you change the file name and the file extension. Open up the downloaded file (remember the name of the file when it downloaded, most likely "download.aspx" or download_1.aspx" etc.). Tap on the file a box will open up and say info, open, delete etc. Tap on info and a page will open up. Look at he top of the page. It will have the name of the file with its extension. Tap on it and you will be able to change the name of the file an the extension itself. Name the extension .pdf if it was a pdf file that you downloaded. Once this is done you can open up quickoffice and view the file.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by knownboyofno View Post
    Check out this thread...http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...red-sites.html It has helped me with a site I was having problems with downloading files from.
    Thanks for the info. Will try to install the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by cjf243 View Post
    You can download internalz pro from preware or webOS quickinstall. This will let you change the file name and the file extension. Open up the downloaded file (remember the name of the file when it downloaded, most likely "download.aspx" or download_1.aspx" etc.). Tap on the file a box will open up and say info, open, delete etc. Tap on info and a page will open up. Look at he top of the page. It will have the name of the file with its extension. Tap on it and you will be able to change the name of the file an the extension itself. Name the extension .pdf if it was a pdf file that you downloaded. Once this is done you can open up quickoffice and view the file.
    Without above patch, can't download files from many secure sites.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    True. I assumed you had read the post above (knowboyofno) and downloaded the patch and were still having problems reading the file.

Once I installed the patch I was able to download pdf files from secure websites. The download was like "download.aspx" or download_1.aspx". It looks like it goes in sequencial order on the downloads. Then I used internalz pro to change the extension to make the files readable.
    Last edited by cjf243; 09/23/2011 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added comment