Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    My post of course was deleted and I've been warned for disagreeing with your statement.
    Gross exaggerations deserve a mod delete. I've used an ipad2 for the last 5 days and here's my experience: i have four news sites I stream on my pc/touchpad. Browse to these sites with safari:No flash media capability so I download the respective apps for streaming these news media sites. Firstly the apps video quality is worse than streaming flash on 3/4 of the sites. Secondly while listening I switch over to the fantasy football app and boom, streaming stops! On the touchpad I use the browser to do this and audio continues while I browse in another card/tab, video catches up once I switch back to the streaming card.
    I would give up a few microseconds of page loading for this better functionality any day.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    lrn2swim likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Gross exaggerations deserve a mod delete. I've used an ipad2 for the last 5 days and here's my experience: i have four news sites I stream on my pc/touchpad. Browse to these sites with safari:No flash media capability so I download the respective apps for streaming these news media sites. Firstly the apps video quality is worse than streaming flash on 3/4 of the sites. Secondly while listening I switch over to the fantasy football app and boom, streaming stops! On the touchpad I use the browser to do this and audio continues while I browse in another card/tab, video catches up once I switch back to the streaming card.
    I would give up a few microseconds of page loading for this better functionality any day.
    If gross exaggerations deserved a mod delete your post saying the Touchpad is faster than your quad core desktop would be deleted. So your entire web usage seems to be based around flash, so maybe the Touchpad is better for you. I would say that you should have tried one of the half dozen or so browsers on iOS that do flash.

Also, don't act like its a few microseconds. The Touchpad is about 50% the speed of the original iPad in most page load tests. I have done it over and over and over again on video. An overclocked patched 1.5ghz Touchpad should never load a page slower than a 800mhz single core ipad. In one of my tests, the iPad loaded politico.com fully before the Touchpad even rendered a single element. That is ridiculous and nobody should be defending the browser. Its like the Apple fans that kept arguing that multitasking was overrated and stupid up until Apple fixed it and then it was awesome. The people defending this browser are doing the same thing.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
    I have done it over and over and over again on video. An overclocked patched 1.5ghz Touchpad should never load a page slower than a 800mhz single core ipad. In one of my tests, the iPad loaded politico.com fully before the Touchpad even rendered a single element. That is ridiculous and nobody should be defending the browser.
    i hate to tell you this but i think there is something wrong with either your router, or your touchpad settings, or both. i just loaded the whole site you mentioned with all the flash elements with a freshly cleared cache in about 6 seconds and i'm about 30 feet away upstairs from my router. how quickly does it work for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    i hate to tell you this but i think there is something wrong with either your router, or your touchpad settings, or both. i just loaded the whole site you mentioned with all the flash elements with a freshly cleared cache in about 6 seconds and i'm about 30 feet away upstairs from my router. how quickly does it work for you?
    In the video where he loads Politico, the screen is blank for six seconds before anything even starts showing up. I agree with you that there is something wrong with his router/connection - I had that website fully loaded in 6 seconds.

One thing I wish he would have considered was at which point the website became usable. He starts scrolling around on the iPad after it loads, and I know the TouchPad is ready to go even though it hasn't finished loading. My suspicion is that they both load the important content first, and are both roughly equivalent in terms of usability before the page is fully loaded. It is clear in his videos that the lag at the end is caused by ads and misc images loading rather than the main content. Well, I'm excepting the politico test he did, since that is clearly an issue with his setup.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGI_Ram View Post
    I cut the cover off my HP case... Now it feels like a rubberized body.
    Wow. What about dust? The only reason I buy cases for my devices (with screens) is to KEEP THE DUST OFF. Not to mention the microfiber cover helps a bit with fingerprints.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12