Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
  1.    #1  
    Sorry folks, gonna have to die with webOS or switch to Android...

Meg on New Job:

"I am supportive of the actions that were announced on August 18th...from what I know now, I think the strategy is right, the initiatives we took on August 18th were right."

HP's New CEO Won't Bring TouchPads Back or Save PCs
    Of course she has to say this...she was on the board when those decisions were made!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    the entire lot of them need to be fired.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Of course she has to say this...she was on the board when those decisions were made!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    But more then just saying this, she gonna carry the death of webOS out.
    I can understand getting out of the Touchpad business but PCs?
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Meg on New Job:

"I am supportive of the actions that were announced on August 18th...from what I know now, I think the strategy is right, the initiatives we took on August 18th were right."
    Umm, Ok. Then why was Leo fired?
    trwrt, ght and Dogma like this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    I can understand getting out of the Touchpad business but PCs?
    Low margins but I think they fail to see how that will effect their future enterprise business. Even if they weren't making much off their PC's it still gave companies with a HP shop peace of mind. All my customers are going to avoid HP like the plague now, no matter how good their enterprise services are.

I'm sure they're not the only ones.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Dude, read the article. It's in the first sentence!
    zc1 likes this.
    Aren't they #1 in PC market share?
    customers rule.
    right now i read the conference call as the board trying to say it was lack of communication and whitman has communication skills.
    if the customers keep on defecting and investors too, they will have to revisit strategy--i give it 3 months max.
    paul-c likes this.
    As much as we hated leo, the fact is its clearly the Board that wanted hp to move in this direction. They hired him because they thought he would lead them to their enterprise software cloud heaven.

Problem is leo couldn't communicate his way out of a paper bag and the board thinks communications is the problem not their strategy. Also somebody (other than the board) had to take the fall for the whole debacle.

The new ceo wants the exact same thing leo did and has a similar resume of dragging a company down and paying too much for marginal acquisitions . It's just that she is nicer and more cuddly than leo and the board thinks that will solve everything.

Sent from my Evo - so there!
    SmartFah likes this.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Leo got fired for publicity, nothing to do with strategy. I mean,they got the person who managed to almost kill ebay...
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    PCs don't need saving. The only question left with regard to PCs is whether the PCs will be made by "HP" or by a spun-off company with an exciting and novel name like "HP Computers".
    Another of those CEO BS statements, so open-ended that it barely means anything. Notice she left it WIDE OPEN: "...from what I know now"

She can flipflop just like this. Reminds me why I hate company townhalls.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    So no change in course then ....

Seems like the falling house landed on the wicked warlock of the east and now we get the wicked witch of the west to deal with.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    out with the old, in with the old...
    mrjspeed likes this.
    Honestly. I don't care, I got my touchpad, when I wasn't ever going to get a tablet.

So I'm happy for now
    NealJ777 likes this.
    The Touchpad failed. They stopped making it. It is not going to be brought back.

A $99 blowout sale of remaining stock, where many of the buyers bought multiple units to try and turn a profit, is not going to have any weight for the future of HP.
    dignitary likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    As much as we hated leo, the fact is its clearly the Board that wanted hp to move in this direction. They hired him because they thought he would lead them to their enterprise software cloud heaven.

Problem is leo couldn't communicate his way out of a paper bag and the board thinks communications is the problem not their strategy. Also somebody (other than the board) had to take the fall for the whole debacle.

The new ceo wants the exact same thing leo did and has a similar resume of dragging a company down and paying too much for marginal acquisitions . It's just that she is nicer and more cuddly than leo and the board thinks that will solve everything.

Sent from my Evo - so there!

Yeah, this is exactly the case. She supported Leo's decision, I doubt she's going to change much. I have little faith in HP or any type of webOS resurrection. The only problem Leo made was announcing HP's plans prematurely. They had no webOS licensing partners in place when they killed webOS hardware, and were obviously thinking about spinning off the PC bussiness, but were unsure yet.

All Leo had to say when the rumors of these plans started to surface was "we don't comment on rumor or speculation". But instead he releases a press release, and spills out all of HP's plans prematurely. If Leo would have waited one more quarter, or two, to reveal his plans, he would still be CEO.

Either way, I think HP was bent on killing webOS in the consumer space. Even Hurd said they didn't buy webOS to get into the smartphone/tablet bussiness. Oh well, I'll continue to use my TouchPad for a while, especially since I just got it. As far as phones go, I will probably move to iOS when I get bored with my FrankenPre 2.
    HP was 2 days away from Best Buy returning all their supply. Around 250,000 Touchpads were about to be shipped back to HP. It was over. When Best Buy got out of the Touchpad business, there was no saving it.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast