Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Let's talk hypothetically here... If Meg (and Lane) reverse Touchpad execution and they end up releasing TP Go (the 7" version that was in QA stages when the death axe came), would you buy one and what's a realistic price? Even if you already snagged a TP already.

I sure would!!! $300-$350 for 32gb, fair price?
    No.

What would it give me that my TP doesn't already give me, except for 3g, which those <<mod delete>> at Sprint would probably ding me for somehow...
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/24/2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: language
    That seems to be the bar on eBay for the full size versions. Knock another $100 off and I think that would be a little closer to realistic.

(Depends on if there were any differences in specs though ie rear camera, hdmi out, working USB for peripherals, etc.)
    If, hypothetically, both the TP and TPGo were firesaled, I would have gladly paid $100 and chosen the Go over the larger TP.

If I were in the market for a tablet at ordinary retail prices, I would probably favor the Go over anything else (love my Pre 2 and webOS and have enjoyed my TP, although I probably wouldn't be a tablet owner if not for the firesale since I could probably mooch off my wife's iPad for surfing and rely on my Pre 2 for synergy of my email and calendars), especially if it was at price less than the full TP and priced reasonable to other tablet offerings.
    I'd get a couple of Go's for the older children for Xmas.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    not if it costs more than $150
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    yes, with 4g.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    I would really like to see a company convince consumers that a 7 inch version of their tablet is worth more than what they JUST sold a 10 inch version of their tablet for. HP tainted WebOS with the firesale prices. A consumer would look at a 7" WebOS tablet priced at 200-300 and think: "what, are they crazy or something?".
    I probably would, if i hadn't already bought a TP. Considering i would of bought the TP for 300 ish (i nearly did) i would buy this for 200/250. I think thats pretty good, eh?
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I was waiting for the touchpad go for my 13 year old because he likes my touchpad better then his ipad. I think they should still make and release it and I will buy it even I had paid ebay prices for a 32 gig and now that on sale is doing canceled orders I ordered one for my brother that likes mine also. So I hope HP gets their stuff together and lets us have the pre3 and the touchpad go.
    No, I got the 10" TP I wanted. I never really cared for a 7" tablet.
    not for that price, I would put that money towards a Pre3.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    Whatver comes out with webOS im buying.
    ceveret3 likes this.
    Maybe if it was higher resolution and widescreen versus 4:3. The TP Go as it exists? No.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    yes if it has 4g and subsidized by a large carrier for $100 to $200, about how much I would spend on a phone.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    yes (for the same price i paid for the TP Stop)
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Whatver comes out with webOS im buying.
    Me too. Even if it's a washing machine.

Is there a possibility? Where can I put my order in? It would only be fitting that China gets it. The Asians are an inscrutable folk.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    in a heartbeat, even at full price
    this 10" is just too big/heavy to be really convenient
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    My TP cost me 89, so for a 7" I'd pay 69.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Absolutely not, if it has HP's logo on it. After getting refunds for a Pre 2 and a Touchpad after HP announced they were discontinuing it, I declared right then and there that HP would never again get one thin DIME of my money.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast