Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    No. 7-inch tablets are useless to me. On top of that I already own one HP tablet waiting for an Android port. No need to own two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    But they sold pretty hotly at $200 off. Staples sold out and other stores stock were severely drained (I couldn't find one in my town).

Don't you agree that the TP firesale was a tech gear anomaly, fueled by some rather 'crazy' series of events and timing? Nobody expected HP to come out 5 weeks after the launch of their first Tablet webOS device to say, "we aren't making any more"? The odds that such an event would occur again are very slim. I don't think they could repeat it, and why would they? They can't make the device for $99 or less, they are losing probably $100 to $200 per device, and I would expect that to be similar for the Topaz device. I don't think HP will make the same mistakes that led up to the TP firesale. But, you can hope! It would be a surprise...a real roller-coaster ride!
    Staples stores only carried handfuls of the tablets. yeah the stores sold out quickly at $200 off....all five tablets at each store. At $300 the TouchPad wasn't going to sustain large sales for long.
    I really want to have 7 inch tablet for long time now. I already have iPad 1, and I am more than happy with this device. I won't upgrade my iPad until I see windows8 or iPad 3 with retina display.
    So I didn't mind paying upto $250 for TouchPad Go. However, I saw Playbook is about to do the firesale, it's already going on in Canada. So I would rather wait for Playbook for $250. But for TouchPad, i will pay it upto $150.
    However, I just found out that Amazon will be having the announcement on Sept 28th. probably it's going to be their 7inch tablet for $250. Good chance with Free Amazon Premium membership for a year. I will definately get the amazon tablet unless HP put TouchPad Go firesales for like $100.
    I have too many devices now. So if it was a fire sale, I would buy. If not, not.
    absolutely I want to buy 2 of them!
    Yeah, I'd probably get one as there's a few enterprise as well as consumer uses for such a bit of kit, to the point where I've considered getting a cheap 7" android machine for certain tasks. Price? 250 seems about the top of where I'd go. But I'm happy with my tp n pre3 combo anyway
    Nope not for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    Staples stores only carried handfuls of the tablets. yeah the stores sold out quickly at $200 off....all five tablets at each store. At $300 the TouchPad wasn't going to sustain large sales for long.
    I was under the impression that then folks turned to other stores like Officemax and Best Buy and Walmart and that many more sold there as well. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall reading thread after thread on that weekend of $200 off discussing who was finding what where. I think the sales were brisk....like Lipton tea!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123