Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    As an iPad owner, I was honestly waiting for the Touchpad Go. Most of what I use a tablet for is reading, and a smaller, lighter device is just better for that.

If I had $300 to spend, I would spend it on a 7" Touchpad.
    For $ 249.99, yes!

Remembering: the Touchpad 16GB & 32GB have no 3G connection...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    My TP cost me 89, so for a 7" I'd pay 69.
    But you don't expect such a device to be offered for that price, do you? The TouchPad only sold for that after it was announced by the manufacturer that they wouldn't make anymore...and so let's just sell them off at $99 to get rid of them.

So, you are looking for another amazing deal...it is usually difficult to get a product for 80% off the retail. Of course, I'd pay 69 too! However, I'd pay more. I came close to buying the TP for $299 (16GB model), but after spending about $1000 on chiropractic services this summer due to an injury, priorities and available fun money made other plans without consulting me!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

You are asking the choir if they would like to sing gospel music...

Sure, i bet the vast majority here would be interested and many would buy. But I strongly believe that would not happen with the average consumer. Not only would the average consumer question paying $200 more for a 7 inch tablet than the firesale price for a 10 inch one, but i think most people would sit idly by and stare at them on the shelves waiting for HP to drop the price to $49.00.

Once you have a "going out of business sale" it is very difficult to say "well, we were just kidding..."
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    But you don't expect such a device to be offered for that price, do you? The TouchPad only sold for that after it was announced by the manufacturer that they wouldn't make anymore...and so let's just sell them off at $99 to get rid of them.

So, you are looking for another amazing deal...it is usually difficult to get a product for 80% off the retail.
    But HP have already taught me as a consumer that WebOS tablets real SRP is 89 - why am I going to pay 200 or more? Better to wait them out and hope for another firesale.
    I think it would sell if they hype up the dual cameras even though i wouldnt use it that much. If they included a pair of those beats headphones the $99 ones not the over the head ones. And if they slapped a big beats logo on the back. Price point $200 to $250. Its all about marketing
    I will certainly buy at any price..
    I'd get one, max price for me: $499

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    But HP have already taught me as a consumer that WebOS tablets real SRP is 89 - why am I going to pay 200 or more? Better to wait them out and hope for another firesale.
    But they sold pretty hotly at $200 off. Staples sold out and other stores stock were severely drained (I couldn't find one in my town).

Don't you agree that the TP firesale was a tech gear anomaly, fueled by some rather 'crazy' series of events and timing? Nobody expected HP to come out 5 weeks after the launch of their first Tablet webOS device to say, "we aren't making any more"? The odds that such an event would occur again are very slim. I don't think they could repeat it, and why would they? They can't make the device for $99 or less, they are losing probably $100 to $200 per device, and I would expect that to be similar for the Topaz device. I don't think HP will make the same mistakes that led up to the TP firesale. But, you can hope! It would be a surprise...a real roller-coaster ride!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I think the majority of people would not buy it. Hard core webos fans on this forum would. The only reason webos has had any success is because of the firesale and even then, most of those people are waiting around to port android.

My personal opinion is no. I have a TP now and do not need another tablet. I was not in the tablet market. I thought tablets were cool but not willing to spend $400+ on one. At the firesale price, I was willing to buy. I also don't understand the people that have multiple tablets. This is my first webos device (and looks like only one ever). Webos has some cool features and in my opinion, had the potential to be the best OS with some changes. However, HP is out of the device business now and I really doubt licensing/selling webos works out. HP might put out one or two more firmware updates but it will be over after that. If you don't believe me, it is a little ridiculous that HP has not done a firmware upgrade to fix the lagging issues and the poorly designed browser. As much as I hate to say it, I think webos is dead.

I know there are a lot of hardcore webos fans that are going to hate this post but it is the truth. At least we got really nice hardware at a really great price and will be able to port Android soon to make up for the things that webos lacks.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I'd pay 250 for it so long as it has 32gb+. SD slot would be nice as well. The 10'' is harder to lug around and type on for me, 7'' would be nice!
    The only reason I bought a tablet at all was because of the $149 price tag for the 32 gig. I was not in the market for one and as nice as this is and as much as I use it now, I cannot justify spending more than that amount for a 'GOOD' tablet. I will not spend $99 for a crap android chinese tablet.

So, if they released it and it was less than $149 I'd consider it, assuming the Touchpad was behind the times in technology
    I would be standing in line for the first batch. This is what I truely wanted in the beginning and the full size for my wife. I would be looking to spend around $300 but if it has HDMI out and 3-4G I would probably spend up to $400 for that.

Please Meg bring back webOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I'd trade my full size for it, a higher screen ppi would be well worth the smaller screen. For those of us blessed with excellent vision these tablet displays are hell to read on.
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You're asking the wrong people.

Some webOS n00b moron would buy 20 of them for $99 each, install Android on them, and sell them on ebay for $349 each.
    This!!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    7" is OK size (the max size) for something with 3g/4g. I'd pay $229/16G or $299/32G unlocked and no contract (willing to pay). It should be Free with 1 year contract from a decent carrier.

thanks,
    Tik
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You're asking the wrong people.

Some webOS n00b moron would buy 20 of them for $99 each, install Android on them, and sell them on ebay for $349 each.
    I'd be that noob moron. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't do that? Invest 2k and make 5.5k in profit within a week.
    Of course, HP should put the developers first on the list to actually have devices to test on and not rely on other people

I know at least of 2 apps that got rejected because they performed differently on the device and on the emulator

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Even though I have two TouchPads in the house now, I'd probably buy a TouchPad Go, assuming it was priced at a reasonable pricepoint, say $299. I think it would be a better fit for my usage; in fact the only reason I didn't buy a TouchPad before the firesale was that I was waiting for the TouchPad Go (at least to compare and choose from both models). I don't need the 4g part at all, I think I'd just be happier with a smaller, lighter device with the rear camera and GPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Of course, HP should put the developers first on the list to actually have devices to test on and not rely on other people

I know at least of 2 apps that got rejected because they performed differently on the device and on the emulator
    another webos dev/contributor without a touchpad?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast