Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got my Touchpad from the first batch of the firesale. I install preware, the standard patches, but didnt overclock. Now im noticing when I leave my touchpad asleep it loses massive amount of battery. Overnight it can lose between 10-50% just sitting there.

At first I thought it was a Wifi problem so I turned it off, didnt help. I have email on manual sync and leave no more than 1 app running. It seems to early for my battery to have lost calibration. What else could it be?
    Which app are you running? I don't run any app and leave wifi on and lose about 4% over night, which is ok by me.

I've tried also with a webpage open and it made no difference and I still only lost about 4%.
    What apps do you have installed?

Any exhibition apps? What is the currently selected one (for exhibition)?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  4.    #4  
    I have a lot of apps installed, maybe like 70? I usually leave the app catalog or maybe the Photo/Video App open.

I dont have any exhibition apps set up.
    Last edited by racingfreak92; 09/22/2011 at 05:17 PM.
    That's definitely not normal battery drain at all. When my TouchPad sits idle, screen off, even with WiFi on and BT on, it drains maybe 4-5%/hour.

You may want to contact Somline for some battery advice. I haven't used Dr. Battery at all with my TouchPad. You can watch the drain when you open up Govnah, just to see.

Typically when I'm overclocked at 1.728, the only app running is Govnah and screen set to minimum brightness, my average Battery Current is somewhere in the 500mAh range(per hour). On a 6000mAh battery, that should equate to 12~hours.
    I have noticed significantly more battery drain when I leave any app open. I have not tested if different apps cause more drain, but there is definitely a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    I got my Touchpad from the first batch of the firesale. I install preware, the standard patches, but didnt overclock. Now im noticing when I leave my touchpad asleep it loses massive amount of battery. Overnight it can lose between 10-50% just sitting there.

At first I thought it was a Wifi problem so I turned it off, didnt help. I have email on manual sync and leave no more than 1 app running. It seems to early for my battery to have lost calibration. What else could it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    That's definitely not normal battery drain at all. When my TouchPad sits idle, screen off, even with WiFi on and BT on, it drains maybe 4-5%/hour.

You may want to contact Somline for some battery advice. I haven't used Dr. Battery at all with my TouchPad. You can watch the drain when you open up Govnah, just to see.

Typically when I'm overclocked at 1.728, the only app running is Govnah and screen set to minimum brightness, my average Battery Current is somewhere in the 500mAh range(per hour). On a 6000mAh battery, that should equate to 12~hours.
    Well 4-5% an hour, if overnight is 8 hours, is 32-40% drain so well into that 10-50% range. Mine is never that bad but I haven't really done a baseline so probably should.
    Note that I did mention that rate with the screen on, WiFi on and BT on. I was simply giving something to measure against. I more often than not have everything off when I go to bed,and it's usually charging as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I more often than not have everything off when I go to bed,and it's usually charging as well.
    Same here..
    Another option is to have it automatically shutdown at night:

Link to app:
    com.palm.zinge-mimoo.shutdownscheduler_0.0.1_all - Minus.com

More info:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-shutdown.html
    Last edited by mimoo; 09/23/2011 at 08:01 AM. Reason: edit link
    Quote Originally Posted by mimoo View Post
    Another option is to have it automatically shutdown at night:

http://forums.precentral.net/3161070-post9.html
    I went to xterm to look for cron to schedule a halt but no joy, at least it wasn't where I would have expected to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I went to xterm to look for cron to schedule a halt but no joy, at least it wasn't where I would have expected to find it.
    Just use the app... It uses WebOS's alarm service.
    I usually put mine on the charger then go to sleep which makes battery drain while I'm sleeping non-existent
    Quote Originally Posted by mimoo View Post
    Just use the app... It uses WebOS's alarm service.
    OK, duh, I quickly read that other post and though it was implied that it was abandoned and didn't work. I grabbed it.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    My battery draining overnight is about 1-2%. I setup the Wifi to be off when TP sleeps. I had some problems when running Uberkernel, the draining was double (sleep mode and online mode). After deinstallation of Uberkernel everything is fine.
    I think some apps sometime doesn't exit properly. The same thing happened to me one morning and I noticed that Govnah said my TP had one core running at 1.5ghz the whole night. Rebooted Luna and it was fine afterwards.
    Is my Touchpad abnormal in that it pulls less than 1% an hour when idle, and about 5% when used - even with BT and WiFi on? I had 92% when I went to bed at midnight yesterday; now it's 10am and I've already done my morning browsing on it and I still have 88% now...
    I turn all the extra features off when I'm done with it. Wifi being on seems to drain it regardless if the unit is "on" or not.
    Left mine on not charging overnight. Uberkernel at 1.5GHz, wireless on and not set to turn off, bluetooth on, Internet Radio playing with timer set to shut off after 1 hour. Battery was at 89% this morning. So guess it's in that 10-50% range given (very wide range btw) but doesn't seem bad to me. Probably could have improved this by setting wireless to sleep but I really didn't want to since that would have interrupted the radio, or simply setting a shutdown time with shutdown scheduler. I tested shutdown scheduler and it worked fine but didn't use it last night, maybe will test that tonight and see how much battery it saves in comparison.
    Seems to me the most "Logical" time to charge would be at night...so why the fuss?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast