Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Is my Touchpad abnormal in that it pulls less than 1% an hour when idle, and about 5% when used - even with BT and WiFi on? I had 92% when I went to bed at midnight yesterday; now it's 10am and I've already done my morning browsing on it and I still have 88% now...
    My experience is about the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    Seems to me the most "Logical" time to charge would be at night...so why the fuss?
    Agree, not fussin, just measurin,
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Left mine on not charging overnight. Uberkernel at 1.5GHz, wireless on and not set to turn off, bluetooth on, Internet Radio playing with timer set to shut off after 1 hour. Battery was at 89% this morning. So guess it's in that 10-50% range given (very wide range btw) but doesn't seem bad to me. Probably could have improved this by setting wireless to sleep but I really didn't want to since that would have interrupted the radio, or simply setting a shutdown time with shutdown scheduler. I tested shutdown scheduler and it worked fine but didn't use it last night, maybe will test that tonight and see how much battery it saves in comparison.
    Also left it on overnight and woke up to 89%. I typically just shut it down at night though and throw it back on the touchstone in the morning to start it up.
  4.    #24  
    I noticed with wifi off and no apps open now it loses a lot less battery. Not only about 1-2% versus almost 50% depending on what apps are open.

I brought this issue up because I dont like the idea of charging it every night. I think thats bad for battery health. Also its an issue of convenience, regardless of other battery health problems. If I forget to charge it one night only to find it dead id be quite annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    I noticed with wifi off and no apps open now it loses a lot less battery. Not only about 1-2% versus almost 50% depending on what apps are open.

I brought this issue up because I dont like the idea of charging it every night. I think thats bad for battery health. Also its an issue of convenience, regardless of other battery health problems. If I forget to charge it one night only to find it dead id be quite annoyed.
    Wifi being off should help but I've had mine overnight without severe drain. But there is some drain there and a few options to save that power including manually turning wireless off, setting it to turn off when the touchpad sleeps, or using the preware airplane mode program to turn it off at a set time. My big question is what apps are you running that are chewing up the CPU when sitting idle? If it's nothing critical I suggest either shutting the apps down or doing a timed shutdown as a failsafe to keep your battery cycles.
    I am a newbe how do you set wifi to sleep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post

there is an app through preware called battery saver. it will turn on airplane mode at a set time every day and turn it off at a later set time. for examplae, i have mine set to turn airplane mode on at midnight and then back off at 9:00 am. that's nine hours of having wifi off. battery drain seems almost non-existent for me overnight.

it wil unfortunately set these times for everyday of the week, not individual days. i would like for weekends to have different hours since i am normally up laer on weekends, but beggers can't be choosers. might send the dev a message to see if that a feature that might be added in the future.

i have not seen if there is a feature like this built into webos, like someone else suggested. that would probably save even more battery life, but you probably wouldn't get any notifications come through.
    Quote Originally Posted by battscrew1 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by brutus001 View Post
    there is an app through preware called battery saver. it will turn on airplane mode at a set time every day and turn it off at a later set time. for example, i have mine set to turn airplane mode on at midnight and then back off at 9:00 am. that's nine hours of having wifi off. battery drain seems almost non-existent for me overnight.

it wil unfortunately set these times for everyday of the week, not individual days. i would like for weekends to have different hours since i am normally up laer on weekends, but beggers can't be choosers. might send the dev a message to see if that a feature that might be added in the future.

i have not seen if there is a feature like this built into webos, like someone else suggested. that would probably save even more battery life, but you probably wouldn't get any notifications come through.
    So that's one way. Also you can, in settings, wi-fi, wi-fi dropdown in upper left corner, sleep settings, when device sleeps, change from "keep wi-fi on" to "turn wi-fi off" then every time the touchpad sleeps so does the wireless.
    Thanks!

My TouchPad usually sits on its touchstone charger with the screen turned off but one night I ran the Battery Monitor app and was amazed at the results, running !.5mhz with wifi on and the screen off, my TouchPad battery consumption was just one quarter of one percent per hour.
    My TP's battery drain 5-6% over night (~9hrs). Last night it went from 24% to 18% in morning. That is with wifi on and no apps running.

Running warthog at 1.7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12