Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    I love my TP, which I use everyday. I have kept it in a case since I got it, mainly because of all the posts about case cracks and stuff.

But I am still paranoid of the case still cracking, or something happening. And also my vol rocker is a little loose, which doesn't make things better!

Does anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    There's little you can do, relax, use it, and what will be will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    I love my TP, which I use everyday. I have kept it in a case since I got it, mainly because of all the posts about case cracks and stuff.

But I am still paranoid of the case still cracking, or something happening. And also my vol rocker is a little loose, which doesn't make things better!

Does anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?
    You shouldn't admit to an online forum that you are a little off your rocker...

I'm sorry, I don't have a TP, so I can't identify fully. But I have been known to teeter off my own rocker from time to time.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Had my 32GB since launch day. If it lasts one year, then it would be more than worth the net $50 I paid. By that time I'm sure I'll be getting a new tablet (still hoping for new webOS devices).
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I think there are many of us that feel like OP. Don't worry though, it's only a machine and it's replaceable (even if not by another TP but with another tablet).
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzanthp View Post
    I bought the HP case hoping that it would prevent my crack from spreading.
    That was my strategy when I bought my tight jeans.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Best. Quote. Ever.
    Preware is AWESOME!!!!
    arcticrobot likes this.
    I had the same thought when I bought my tight jeans.
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    Slightly loose volume and power button is normal by design. It allows for some "play" between the button and the plastic housing around it.
    I am with you, I keep inspecting mine for cracks, wondering if my sound is going to go out, waiting to be stuck at 14% or whatever and having to run doctor on it, getting screen burn in, etc. etc. (So far so good)
    If that happens I will personally ship to you 2 touchpads.
    I totally understand where you're coming from as I also have mine in the HP case and find myself looking closely at the speaker area almost daily.

I'm curious, some people reported seeing a crack on their unit right away and others noticed it when they first read about it and took a look. Would folks with TP's that looked fine for the first few weeks post if their units started to crack out of the blue?
    from what I've read it seemed pretty random not dependent on case or no case, overclock or not, or how you hold it or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzylemon View Post
    from what I've read it seemed pretty random not dependent on case or no case, overclock or not, or how you hold it or anything.
    Simply butterfly effect.
    what did I say yesterday? oh, yes... another crack thread will appear within 24 hours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharite View Post
    Simply butterfly effect.
    So a butterfly flaps it's wings in China and a TouchPad cracks in the US?

AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post

Quote Originally Posted by smackead View Post
    Best. Quote. Ever.

-- Sent from my PalmPad
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I have a case on mine. Looked today and there was a small crack starting by the left speaker. Funny cause at $500 I would have been livid but at $99 im like oh well its still a great tablet and I can live with it lol
    Its like those people who work so hard and get a Ferrari, then it sits in the garage to be used once or twice in summer on a perfect day. No way drive that thing into the ground and make it worth the $.

I say do the same with your 99-149 touchpad. Use it, crack its case, blow its speakers until you have used every last penny in enjoyment. I have NO case and throw it around everywhere and have read hours and hours of comics, music, movies, games and gotten all the worth out of it (no cracks or scratches so far).

if it breaks tomorrow it was still worth it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast