Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
  1.    #1  
    I swear if I have to answer that question ONNNNNEEEEEE MOOOOOOORRREEEEEE TIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!

I've just stopped trying:

"Is that an ipad?"
    "Yeah, more or less."
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I swear if I have to answer that question ONNNNNEEEEEE MOOOOOOORRREEEEEE TIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!

I've just stopped trying:

"Is that an ipad?"
    "Yeah, more or less."
    I had that very conversation last week with a woman on a train. She even said "I thought it would be lighter than this?"

I think ipad is (with the general public at least) starting to become like 'Hoover' in that it's the generic term people are using for the class of devices.
    sorli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I had that very conversation last week with a woman on a train. She even said "I thought it would be lighter than this?"

I think ipad is (with the general public at least) starting to become like 'Hoover' in that it's the generic term people are using for the class of devices.
    Like iPod for PMP...
  4.    #4  

Honestly, I think your right.

It's the xerox of the future . I'm just sick of trying to explain the differences. Sure, it's an ipad.
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    That reminds me of when I went on holidays a few years ago in the states. I bought an Eee 701 to carry around for free wifi, and the amount of people that would ask...Is that an Apple?
    lol, although I take mine out a lot, I don't generally have it out in plain sight unless I know I'm going to be doing some serious waiting. I tried going grocery shopping a few times with it and I think I was more concerned with reading forums,checking emails, seeing what was new in the App Catalog than I was with what was for supper.

Always the same question about my "iPad"....doesn't bother ne that much really, after allot looks the same pretty much, and lets face it......Apple ads work.

I used to correct them, but now I just smile and nod....saves me the trouble of explaining the difference, and giving a 5 minute breakdown of the turn of events over the last two months........besides "Can't you see I'm busy playing Angry Birds?.."
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Stranger/Friends: Is it an iPad?
    Me; No it's not, and it can play mkv files and truly "multi-task".

PS: This comes from an Apple fan who bought the TouchPad for the low price during firesale and is now truly impressed.
    Last edited by wordsm1th; 09/22/2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Stupid typo
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsm1th View Post
    and truly "multi-task".
    Not true when it comes to web browsing
    I just tell them its an iPad 3 and I'm testing it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Rnp, k4ever, robbie87 and 13 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsm1th View Post
    Stranger/Friends: Is it an iPad?
    Me; No it's not, and it can play mkv files and truly "multi-task".

PS: This comes from an Apple fan who bought the TouchPad for the low price during firesale and is now truly impressed.
    Thanks for clarifying that......I was leaving it alone.....but certainly had a negative tone when I first read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbo View Post
    Not true when it comes to web browsing
    So have you tried Advanced Browser? and have you tried opening up 5 tabs in quick succession(say with bookmarks, for as quick as possible) and once done opening the 5th, return to the first and it's done loading?

I'm no expert, per se, but that seems like it's doing more than one thing at one time..... (and I totally understand with the stock browser, and if you have 2 or 3 of those cards open, and they do pause)....but try what I just suggested, and see for yourself.
  12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    So have you tried Advanced Browser?
    You have to buy it don't you?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    You have to buy it don't you?
    Yes and its very expensive about half the cost of a Starbucks coffee...
    garnetlove likes this.
    Yes I think it's $2. I like it, tabbed browser is better than multiple cards, was surprised by that actually. Opera Speed Dial-like bookmarks, I've yet to re-enter username/passwords for anything, and the patch to make it the default made it worthwhile to me.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larizzo View Post
    Yes and its very expensive about half the cost of a Starbucks coffee...
    It all adds up - especially when you only paid 89 for the thing to start with - 5 here, 4 there for apps with uncertain futures.

I come from an Android background, we are know for being cheap.. sorry I meant thrifty.
    I paid full price for mine and bought it. Then I got my money back. No regrets....but if the stock is good enough for you, then being thrifty isn't a bad idea either.
    Yes I think it's $2. I like it, tabbed browser is better than multiple cards, was surprised by that actually. Opera Speed Dial-like bookmarks, I've yet to re-enter username/passwords for anything, and the patch to make it the default made it worthwhile to me.
    sorry for segue, but what is the patch to make Advanced Browser the default browser? I'm not finding it.

I see pandas.
    Here let me Google that for you

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-search-i.html

There ya go
    shadow750 and ohmytvc15 like this.
    Here let me Google that for you :P

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-search-i.html

There ya go
    heh, shoulda tried google. Thanks!

I see pandas.