Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes
    Boy you Android punters are a really tight bunch lol.

I have paid for apps across webOS, WP7, iOS and Android.... if something is worth the I pay for it.

Barry
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    Known for it - it's actually a wide-spread problem on the android platform, people simply will not pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    It all adds up - especially when you only paid 89 for the thing to start with - 5 here, 4 there for apps with uncertain futures.

I come from an Android background, we are know for being cheap.. sorry I meant thrifty.
    or scottish.
    "-Yes, the HP Ipad! I like to use the best, and is hard to find!"

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    denimadept and Jozz like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsm1th View Post
    Stranger/Friends: Is it an iPad?
    Me; No it's not, and it can play mkv files and truly "multi-task".
    Don't you need a 3rd party application to play MKV? The iPad can play mkv too with 3rd party apps...
    4 years ago..
    Colleague: Is that a Blackberry?
    - when I bought my Treo 680 , because it had a QWERTY keyboard on it.
    This afternoon over coffee..
    Me: I am getting my new phone this weekend (waiting from my Pre3 to arrive).
    Colleague: Is that an iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Yes I think it's $2. I like it, tabbed browser is better than multiple cards, was surprised by that actually. Opera Speed Dial-like bookmarks, I've yet to re-enter username/passwords for anything, and the patch to make it the default made it worthwhile to me.
    There is a patch to make it the default browser? I'm going to look for that now...
    I welcome the question. My stock answer? "Nope, better. Its a Touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by barryb20 View Post

I have paid for apps across webOS, WP7, iOS and Android.... if something is worth the I pay for it.

Barry
    When there are a lot of apps, there is competition. Competition drives down the price. When the low cost doesn't get people to buy your app, you offer it for free but add ads to it. Then somebody comes up with an ad blocker, you are out of options. It does amaze me that people love to talk about all the apps that a platform has, but are not willing to pay for them.

Anyway, when I was standing in line to (try and) get a firesale TouchPad, the old couple behind me kept calling it an iPad. They said "We are here to get the $99 HP iPad". When I corrected them they seemed confused. Ever tablet is an iPad, which makes me wonder when a customer comes into the store do they really want an iPad or do they just want a tablet? Also, do the associates take the time to help the customer choice the right tablet for their needs or do they just get them an iPad? It's like Q-tips or Aspirin. When I go to the store to get cotton swabs it's easier (and second nature) to ask an associate where are the Q-tips? I haven't bought the Q-tip brand of cotton swabs in over 20 years. I have never bought Bayer Aspirin. Just saying...
    slick marketing by Apple, your right, ipads = tablets, some of my friends who dropped major bucks on the latest ipad incarnation have commented on my TP, its heavier, i said yes, it is, cuz its got more in it.. flash, multitasking, etc etc oh an i only paid..... than they all but have heart attacks, lol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Hmmm, stranger still asking you if it's an iPad? When I bought my iPad 1 went it was first released, I couldn't even take it out in the NYC subway, because so many people either ask me about it or ask me if they can play alittle or just staring at iPad.
    But now a day, I take a subway, I see at least 2 to 3 people with iPad, and 5+ holding ebook reader.
    Nobody ask you or wonder if you have an iPad.

However, iPad is become a name of the tablet device for all kind now. Just like xerox, Walkman, iPod.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dept27 View Post
    I just tell them its an iPad 3 and I'm testing it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    And yes they can "steal" it from the bar later.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

If apple release tp device as their ipad3, it doesn't matter if it was from apple, it's DOA.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by wordsm1th View Post
    Stranger/Friends: Is it an iPad?
    Me; No it's not, and it can play mkv files and truly "multi-task".
    iPad can play any video format with 3rd party app, just like TP.
    And multi-task? That's a subjective term. To me, only Android tablets seem to have real multitasking.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad

Best comment of the thread!
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    lol, although I take mine out a lot, I don't generally have it out in plain sight unless I know I'm going to be doing some serious waiting.
    I just wanted to quote this completely out of context
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    If apple release tp device as their ipad3, it doesn't matter if it was from apple, it's DOA.

Sent from Tapatalk
    No it wouldn't be. It would sell millions because people buy Apple to buy Apple. Has always been that way even when they weren't popular. Brand name has meaning. It also causes people to make up excuses for things that are missing from their device that other devices have. Look at the iPhone 1, no cut and paste, no voice dialing, no document editing, no.... this list went on and on. What it did have was a sleek design, capacitive touchscreen, gyroscope, and longer battery life. People made up excuses for the lack of all of the other features just to get one of the four I just listed. The people who stood in lines for the phones on the first day were die-hard Mac fans. That artificial demand blasted across the news drove real demand for the devices and more excuses were made by others for the features it lacked. Funny thing is that when new devices come to the market that are not Apple products, the same people who made up excuses for Apple seem to forget those excuses when comparing Apple products to the new devices. Funny how quickly Apple fans forget. I make it a point to correct anybody that calls my TouchPad an iPad out of respect for the tablet market as a whole.
    shadow750 likes this.
    i get that question all the time. i just say "nah.. i wish it was but i paid $500 less than one and ill have android on it soon." i also get asked "so what can do you do with it?" that one usually gets me stumped. then i tell them "i dunno i guess i just play a bunch of games and surf the web even though my phone can already do that. whatever, i only paid $150 for it and got something everyone wanted at the time even though i didnt really need it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Season View Post
    I welcome the question. My stock answer? "Nope, better. Its a Touchpad.
    Like it! I usually say the same thing.

How about -

"No, this actually works."
    denimadept and Jozz like this.
    I swear if I have to answer that question ONNNNNEEEEEE MOOOOOOORRREEEEEE TIIIIIIMMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!

I've just stopped trying:

"Is that an ipad?"
    "Yeah, more or less."
    Good response, I'll have to remember that one!
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast