Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip it works.

"Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
    i turned off javascript in advanced browser and it loaded the whole page fine."

We have a winner!! Turned off javascript on the default browser, reloaded the page and it worked!

I am having issues with sites such as engadget and behance.net not completely loading. Here is an example, A.N.D / Redesign on the Behance Network
    The first few images load but the remaining just show white placeholders that never load and the browser thinks its done.

Is there a patch or workaround for this or is it just a TP limitation? I should note our iPad 2 with 1/2 the ram as the TP renders every image .
    Last edited by DizWhiz; 09/22/2011 at 11:17 PM.
    I get the same. Its annoying fo sho.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I get the same. Its annoying fo sho.
    Well something like this is a possible breaking point. Im hoping there is a patch.

If anyone with Advance Browser could test the link I'd appreciate your time.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    If anyone can test the link in the first post with Advanced Browser, or with your patched webOS, I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Yep, mine does the same too. Loads first couple images and the rest are blank. I OC'ed my TP to 1.5 using uberkernel and did the disable cache patch. I'm using stock browser, would also like to know advance browser users.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxv686 View Post
    Yep, mine does the same too. Loads first couple images and the rest are blank. I OC'ed my TP to 1.5 using uberkernel and did the disable cache patch. I'm using stock browser, would also like to know advance browser users.
    Thanks for testing. Being a creative professional I frequent sites heavy on media like behance and Sasso's Daily Inspiration etc which sometimes freezes or gives a "can't load page" dialog.
    Not sure if this is the same problem that happens on the Pre.

If it is, there is a simple workaround: Change orientation (from landscape to portrait or vice versa) - that finishes displaying the page on a Pre.

An alternative might be - if it is a *really* long page with lots of pictures, videos, whatever - depending on your current connection speed it might simply not have finished loading because the data is still coming in.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I've also noticed this on Huffington Post. Loads the first 2 or 3 pix, then the rest are blank. All of the text comes through, though.

On my Pre- I've had a similar problem, but get gray for some of the page. Posted about that Long ago and never saw any fix.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Not sure if this is the same problem that happens on the Pre.

If it is, there is a simple workaround: Change orientation (from landscape to portrait or vice versa) - that finishes displaying the page on a Pre.

An alternative might be - if it is a *really* long page with lots of pictures, videos, whatever - depending on your current connection speed it might simply not have finished loading because the data is still coming in.
    Thanks for the suggestion, tried that with no luck. I've even sat 5in from my router pulling 19Mbps down and it's still a no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    I've also noticed this on Huffington Post. Loads the first 2 or 3 pix, then the rest are blank. All of the text comes through, though.

On my Pre- I've had a similar problem, but get gray for some of the page. Posted about that Long ago and never saw any fix.
    Thanks that's what I'm afraid of. Considering I restarted the TP and only had that browser window open I doubt it ran out of RAM. My only guess is that the browser has some "limit" as to how much it pulls (in MBs) and just stops after that.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    bump. Still looking for 30 seconds of your time to use the Advanced Browser on the link on the first post . Thanks!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm seeing this behaviour as well.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So am I, I owned an ipad last year and it did the same exact thing.
    patch for this please, thx
    i turned off javascript in advanced browser and it loaded the whole page fine.
    Does anyone have a problem where a page keeps refreshing? Anything on IGN.com does this and it is really annoying. It refreshes for no reason about every 10sec.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    We have a winner!! Turned off javascript on the default browser, reloaded the page and it worked!

I never would have thought to do so because usually javascript heavy DISQUS is the culprit but that isn't the case on that page. I wonder why it kills the page loading?
    Last edited by DizWhiz; 09/22/2011 at 11:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    Nice! I was actually looking for a solution for this. It also happens on Facebook when a friend has 15+ photos in their albums. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
    never would have thought to do so because usually javascript heavy DISQUS is the culprit but that isn't the case on that page. I wonder why it kills the page loading?
    yeah disqus is kinda annoying me with the constant looping refreshes, any good workaround aside from pausing real time updates.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    Does anyone have a problem where a page keeps refreshing? Anything on IGN.com does this and it is really annoying. It refreshes for no reason about every 10sec.
    That is one of my favorite sites and it drives me crazy how it contantly reloads. the javascript disable worked, but it also turns off all of the videos and so on. There has to be a better solution.
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmiley View Post
    That is one of my favorite sites and it drives me crazy how it contantly reloads. the javascript disable worked, but it also turns off all of the videos and so on. There has to be a better solution.
    While I will admit it's annoying on the TP but IGN is a mess on a desktop browser as well. Not nearly as bad as Gizmodo.com but it's pretty poorly built in general.